Shafted by the DWP

Tiattos_Waterbottle said:
I've been receiving JSA for the last few months, due to being let go from my last job as it was seasonal work, and today I've woken up to find I've ten pounds in my account rather than the usual 140. Now, just to clear things up, I'm not a loafer or a leech, I'm trying very hard to get work, and will be attending a second interview tomorrow, but I rely on JSA to eat and to cover what rent my Housing doesn't.

I've rung them up to ask what's going on, I always stick to my agreement, I spend an hour or two jobhunting everyday, I go to interviews and attend whatever they ask me to, to be told it was on the first form I sent out that I was on Contribution Based JSA which I wouldn't of asked for as quite clearly I need it as income, and they didn't bother reminding me or letting me know at all. So, now I have to fill out a form to say I want income based JSA, and then that will have to process which could take ages, knowing the jobcentre it probably will.

I'm not really looking for sympathy as I should've read the form over and got this filled in, but it's just underhanded and it's gotten me quite wound up I've only been able to pay half of the rent and though the landlord is fine with this, it makes me look unreliable, and I can't eat. - I guess I'm just venting, I never make topics, but I just feel like on this occasion I had to rant a little bit. I have an second interview following on from one I had a week ago, so hopefully I'll get that and this'll become a non-issue, but I seem to have shite luck.

As others have pointed out, i'm sure they do this shit on purpose in hope people just don't bother claiming. I have had this sort of shit in the past from them. Luckily I don't have to bother with them any more being a student.

It might take a while to go through, but it should all get back paid. If you really are struggling I'm sure there is some sort of food vouchers they give now instead of crisis loans.

I've been receiving JSA for the last few months, due to being let go from my last job as it was seasonal work, and today I've woken up to find I've ten pounds in my account rather than the usual 140. Now, just to clear things up, I'm not a loafer or a leech, I'm trying very hard to get work, and will be attending a second interview tomorrow, but I rely on JSA to eat and to cover what rent my Housing doesn't.

I've rung them up to ask what's going on, I always stick to my agreement, I spend an hour or two jobhunting everyday, I go to interviews and attend whatever they ask me to, to be told it was on the first form I sent out that I was on Contribution Based JSA which I wouldn't of asked for as quite clearly I need it as income, and they didn't bother reminding me or letting me know at all. So, now I have to fill out a form to say I want income based JSA, and then that will have to process which could take ages, knowing the jobcentre it probably will.

I'm not really looking for sympathy as I should've read the form over and got this filled in, but it's just underhanded and it's gotten me quite wound up I've only been able to pay half of the rent and though the landlord is fine with this, it makes me look unreliable, and I can't eat. - I guess I'm just venting, I never make topics, but I just feel like on this occasion I had to rant a little bit. I have an second interview following on from one I had a week ago, so hopefully I'll get that and this'll become a non-issue, but I seem to have shite luck.

Mate this is shit and I feel for you. Some on here will know that I was out of work for 4 years (on and off) so I have some empathy.

Others have said you should get it back, but there is something I realised when I was dealing with the job center.

you have you go in one day a week or once every two weeks etc...the people working there have to be there every day. If you imagine how bad you feel when you go in, imagine how these poor saps feel waking up everyday knowing that the people they will deal with are having the worst day of their week?

Hopefully you will get the job and leave them behind, if you don't keep going and remember every time you go in and see them could well be your last time....but they will have to go back the day after.

LittleStan said:

Mate this is shit and I feel for you. Some on here will know that I was out of work for 4 years (on and off) so I have some empathy.

Others have said you should get it back, but there is something I realised when I was dealing with the job center.

you have you go in one day a week or once every two weeks etc...the people working there have to be there every day. If you imagine how bad you feel when you go in, imagine how these poor saps feel waking up everyday knowing that the people they will deal with are having the worst day of their week?

Hopefully you will get the job and leave them behind, if you don't keep going and remember every time you go in and see them could well be your last time....but they will have to go back the day after.

That is such a great post!!! Never thought about it like that you show great empathy, made me smile :)

BlueBearBoots said:
LittleStan said:

That is such a great post!!! Never thought about it like that you show great empathy, made me smile :)

Don't go mad now, I would go back at night and piss on the door handles.

LittleStan said:
BlueBearBoots said:
LittleStan said:

Don't go mad now, I would go back at night and piss on the door handles.

Hahaha phew you are human!!! :)

Stuuuuuu said:
Just wondering where you access the Internet mate. The library?

You utter ****.

It's bad enough as it is having to claim benefits when you are used to paying your own way without wankers like you trying to belittle the OP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.