Shafted by the DWP

Tiattos_Waterbottle

Team supported
Manchester City, forever and always
I've been receiving JSA for the last few months, due to being let go from my last job as it was seasonal work, and today I've woken up to find I've ten pounds in my account rather than the usual 140. Now, just to clear things up, I'm not a loafer or a leech, I'm trying very hard to get work, and will be attending a second interview tomorrow, but I rely on JSA to eat and to cover what rent my Housing doesn't.

I've rung them up to ask what's going on, I always stick to my agreement, I spend an hour or two jobhunting everyday, I go to interviews and attend whatever they ask me to, to be told it was on the first form I sent out that I was on Contribution Based JSA which I wouldn't of asked for as quite clearly I need it as income, and they didn't bother reminding me or letting me know at all. So, now I have to fill out a form to say I want income based JSA, and then that will have to process which could take ages, knowing the jobcentre it probably will.

I'm not really looking for sympathy as I should've read the form over and got this filled in, but it's just underhanded and it's gotten me quite wound up I've only been able to pay half of the rent and though the landlord is fine with this, it makes me look unreliable, and I can't eat. - I guess I'm just venting, I never make topics, but I just feel like on this occasion I had to rant a little bit. I have an second interview following on from one I had a week ago, so hopefully I'll get that and this'll become a non-issue, but I seem to have shite luck.

Tiattos_Waterbottle said:
I've been receiving JSA for the last few months, due to being let go from my last job as it was seasonal work, and today I've woken up to find I've ten pounds in my account rather than the usual 140. Now, just to clear things up, I'm not a loafer or a leech, I'm trying very hard to get work, and will be attending a second interview tomorrow, but I rely on JSA to eat and to cover what rent my Housing doesn't.

I've rung them up to ask what's going on, I always stick to my agreement, I spend an hour or two jobhunting everyday, I go to interviews and attend whatever they ask me to, to be told it was on the first form I sent out that I was on Contribution Based JSA which I wouldn't of asked for as quite clearly I need it as income, and they didn't bother reminding me or letting me know at all. So, now I have to fill out a form to say I want income based JSA, and then that will have to process which could take ages, knowing the jobcentre it probably will.

I'm not really looking for sympathy as I should've read the form over and got this filled in, but it's just underhanded and it's gotten me quite wound up I've only been able to pay half of the rent and though the landlord is fine with this, it makes me look unreliable, and I can't eat. - I guess I'm just venting, I never make topics, but I just feel like on this occasion I had to rant a little bit. I have an second interview following on from one I had a week ago, so hopefully I'll get that and this'll become a non-issue, but I seem to have shite luck.

They are doing that with disability benefits as well,it's a numbers game as they know a decent percentage will not re-apply
Best of luck with getting a job,don't let them grind you down

mcmanus said:
Stuuuuuu said:
Just wondering where you access the Internet mate. The library?

When do you actually access your brain?

The lad has ticked the wrong box on a form so has fuck all money for stuff like food for a few weeks. What the fuck does knowing where he uses the internet matter or were you just being a snide twat?

I'd go for the snide twat answer. Maybe Stuuuuu has to go to the library or he has a shared laptop like on Benefits street (with a sticky u).

Just re apply fella,its the motions they go through,bastards..you should get it back dated..trouble is that no section at the DSS knows what the other is doing...

get all the proof together..JSA is your right..

Tiattos_Waterbottle said:

Fortunately if you reapplied straight away, you should be back payed, so you won't actually lose out on any money in the mean time while you wait to have it sorted. I know that's not the main issue you're facing right now, so maybe to get a bit of extra cash, you could apply for an emergency loan? Obviously you will have to pay this back, but fundamentally it was your own mistake that lead to your money being stopped. Anyway chin up, I'm sure everything will sort itself out for you.

They're doing this on purpose to cut costs and there's going to be more and more people getting similar treatment. My neighbour used to work for a benefits thing and they used to get higher and higher targets to achieve. A horrible culture and environment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.