Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going through the gears at the moment.
The players are all reaching peak level and playing to that standard for as long as it takes to kill opponents off then going into cruise control.
Pep is orchestrating the squad wonderfully well with only one or two senior players missing out on fair amount of game time.
As far as last night is concerned who else would be able to spend virtually the whole of the second half shutting the game down and just launching the odd raid to try to nick another goal and get the subs on with no real risk to our lead against a team with a formidable record on their own patch?
We’re one lucky set of fans and the sooner we realise that and back the team all the way the better.

Picky. Against what was considered a good team Jesus was offside twice if memory serves. Get his act together? He made the space for Bernardo to score. It was his shot which when blocked fell to Silva. So involved in 2 goals out of 3.

Usual City. Have to pick one out of the eleven to call. Seen it so many times.

"usual city" , f*cking priceless , Jesus was below par , missed chances and was offside a lot more than twice sunshine , if you think he is the same player who arrived 18 months ago your dreaming , he had a poor world cup and has not impressed this season , if he wants to play in the big games he will have to get his act together because he isnt taking Aguero's place any time soon. Its a forum and if i dont believe Jesus is playing well then this is the place to state the fact , its about opinions not looking for scapegoats , grow up.

Totally deserved win last night. Amazing high tempo performance in the first half which took them by surprise I think.
Shame we can’t convert more of the chances we create. Some of them could have been slipped to a team mate in a better position but I suppose as long as we score more than the opposition, we should be happy.
Good to see Kun & Sane getting a total rest, they should be flying for the spuds game. KDB with a decent workout and no injury. This is the football that will be scaring the shit out of all of the opponents, after seeing we could have easily had 6 or 7, we just need to up out conversion rate and watch the rest squirm.
The defence was immense last night. Merlin was magical, Stones brilliant, in all an excellent TEAM performance.
ONWARDS Blues !!!!!

there was a part in the 2nd half,there was a wide camera angle,when shakhtar had the ball near their keeper as soon as he rolled it out the back four as one went to the half way line pushing the rest of our team further up pressing the living daylights out of them , the team actually moved as one,i don't get to the matches so this might be the norm for the match going fans
Yeah noticed that, reminded me of The Full Monty ;)

No seriously it was beautiful to watch.

If we scored every goal we should score then every game would be over after half an hour. In some respects it is better this way, every game is a thoroughly enjoyable 90 mins. However the odd 10 nil (to quote a previous poster “please be the Derby!”) would be extremely enjoyable!

I’d like us to instill more fear in opponents than any team has ever done :-)

Said the same last night. How anyone who watches us can think the second half was poor I have no idea.

Our attack will get the plaudits always (even when they miss so many chances), but the defensive side of our game was brilliant starting with the forward players, especially the second half game management, which allowed players to rest, and yet still support our attacking intent.

Indeed. I’ve already said that I despair at the inaccurate use of the word poor in connection with this team.

In the first half we won the game. In the second half we controlled the game. Beautiful football (to quote Pep). I've never seen football played so well ... and I'm ancient. The present and, hopefully, the future is blue.

In the first half we won the game. In the second half we controlled the game. Beautiful football (to quote Pep). I've never seen football played so well ... and I'm ancient. The present and, hopefully, the future is blue.
I said on the Match Day thread yesterday at half time that I don't think I have ever seen City play better in a European game. Pep went one better by saying it was the best we have played in three years.
Whichever it is, these boys are an absolute joy to watch. I too am ancient and have been watching City for 50 plus years. We have never had a better team than we do now. We have superstars (or soon to be superstars) in every position and the squad depth is frightening. There aren't too many of the stars from the Mercer/Allison era would get close to this team. Colin yes, Franny maybe but after that I'm not sure about any of the others. What a great time to be Blue and with the leadership team we have in place it can still get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.