Shakhtar (a) post match thread

Brightwell Bros I think most people are missing the point. Players of the calibre that we have should be putting more of their shots on target. Last night one set of stats, had us with less then a 1/3rd of our shots on target. We need to improve the shots on target ratio, do this and we will score more goals, even the way we played last night. This has been our biggest fault no matter who the manager has been

Players of the calibre that we have should be getting at least 60%-66% of their shots on target, and I include those that hit the frame of the goal. If we can improve our shots on target ratio to nearer 60% -66%. I see no reason why we cannot win the Champions league this year. As well as win all the domestic trophies again.
We have blasted every scoring record in the last 2 yrs,we set it in 2014,i think because we create so many chances it's more noticable when we miss,players miss

Not been following the thread & it was a very good result & job done, after the weekend.

In all honesty, I thought we looked largely uninspired & in some cases not fully fit & I thought they were shit.

Fern was great & could be a huge boost, but it was all knocking the ball about unopposed & it's nonsense to suggest that is the end of the story, as some media are doing. He didn't have to do anything other than try to cover for occasional shit defending from others. We have to see him tested & then have an opinion. Cause for optimism, not proven.

I watched a recording of PSG v Real after our game & imo, Kroos could play for us right now. Which means we are not right.

To be fair, (we) at home are hardly hanging around to clap them off the pitch after 5 - 0's. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if they played well, we don't need validation from the players like that cult club.

Just got back to Gatwick with mrtwice and the saga louts. Really dont know why you're comparing home and away, that's not the point, and it's not about validation and blowing smoke up the fans arses. The team couldn't be arsed to walk 50 yards beyond the centre circle to acknowledge the travelling support. 50 fucking yards when it took me 18 hours to get there. So yes, its kick in the bollocks to the very few who made the trip, wouldn't have happened with Vinny on the pitch. The lads who went are from needy snowflakes, no-one's after a fucking selfie or a signed 125 shirt..

..just a bit of respect.

Brightwell Bros I think most people are missing the point. Players of the calibre that we have should be putting more of their shots on target. Last night one set of stats, had us with less then a 1/3rd of our shots on target. We need to improve the shots on target ratio, do this and we will score more goals, even the way we played last night. This has been our biggest fault no matter who the manager has been

Players of the calibre that we have should be getting at least 60%-66% of their shots on target, and I include those that hit the frame of the goal. If we can improve our shots on target ratio to nearer 60% -66%. I see no reason why we cannot win the Champions league this year. As well as win all the domestic trophies again.

How dare you...in the 2018-19 season, we became the first club in Europe's top leagues to pass 100 goals. By the end of the season our team had amassed a total of 169 goals scored. One week later, on 18 May, we defeated Watford 6–0 at Wembley to win the FA Cup and complete an unprecedented English domestic treble and clean sweep of the major honors in English football. It was also our first ever league and FA Cup double. The 6–0 score was also the joint largest winning margin in the history of the FA Cup Final and the largest for any final in the competition since 1903.

The final win of the season was our 50th in all competitions overall, and another unprecedented record for us.

Please don't ever claim that scoring goals has been our 'biggest fault' without any evidence to backup your ridiculous unsubstantiated claim.

Last edited:
how dare you...in the 2018-19 season, we became the first club in Europe's top leagues to pass 100 goals. By the end of the season our team had amassed a total of 169 goals scored. One week later, on 18 May, we defeated Watford 6–0 at Wembley to win the FA Cup and complete an unprecedented English domestic treble and clean sweep of the major honors in English football. It was also our first ever league and FA Cup double. The 6–0 score was also the joint largest winning margin in the history of the FA Cup Final and the largest for any final in the competition since 1903.

The final win of the season was our 50th in all competitions overall, and another unprecedented record for us.

Please don't ever claim that scoring goals has been our 'biggest ever fault' without any evidence to backup to your ridiculous unsubstantiated claim.
All fine and well, but we regularly don't hit the target enough, and then miss when we do.

Norwich for instance (there are many more instances) we had 25 shots, 8 on target, and only scored 2, Norwich meanwhile, 7 shots, 3 on target, scored 3.
Yeah shit happens and all that, but we regularly miss too many, another instance, Spurs at home in August, 30 shots, 10 on target, scored 2, Spurs meanwhile, 3 shots, 2 on target, scored 2, of course the defence is culpable too, but that is quite prolific "missing".

All fine and well, but we regularly don't hit the target enough, and then miss when we do.

Norwich for instance (there are many more instances) we had 25 shots, 8 on target, and only scored 2, Norwich meanwhile, 7 shots, 3 on target, scored 3.
Yeah shit happens and all that, but we regularly miss too many, another instance, Spurs at home in August, 30 shots, 10 on target, scored 2, Spurs meanwhile, 3 shots, 2 on target, scored 2, of course the defence is culpable too, but that is quite prolific "missing".
You cannot really teach world class players how to hit the target - coaching doesn't work like that. That is why your Agueros, Aubameyangs, Messis, Ronaldo's, Bales et al often miss sitters. And they often miss penalty's too. Pep and many other top class coaches do not teach established players how to hit the onion bag. There's so much more that happens before that. The end strike from a quality player boils down to confidence - not ability. Top coaches can't do much about that, other than verbal positivity. I thought you of all people should understand that Cleavers. Pep will not be spending any time coaching strikers how to hit a 6 yarder into the net. He never has - and nor should he.

Pep will not be spending any time coaching strikers how to hit a 6 yarder into the net. He never has - and nor should he.
No he shouldn't be coaching that I agree, but we score proportionally less than most other teams we play, from the chances we create, and it clearly drives Pep mad, watch him on the touchline, its obvious.

I highlighted 2 games this season, 55 shots on goal, 18 on target, we only scored 4, if you are happy with that, fine, but I'm not, it does my head in. In contrast the same games our opponents have had 10 shots, 5 on target and scored 5 goals, so every shot on target equals a goal. Yes that is also down to our poor defending (and probably our keeper), but the simple stats are ridiculous, however you look at them.

55 18 4
v
10 5 5

We got 1 point from 6 in these 2 games, despite dominating both, that's not good enough is it ?

Just got back to Gatwick with mrtwice and the saga louts. Really dont know why you're comparing home and away, that's not the point, and it's not about validation and blowing smoke up the fans arses. The team couldn't be arsed to walk 50 yards beyond the centre circle to acknowledge the travelling support. 50 fucking yards when it took me 18 hours to get there. So yes, its kick in the bollocks to the very few who made the trip, wouldn't have happened with Vinny on the pitch. The lads who went are from needy snowflakes, no-one's after a fucking selfie or a signed 125 shirt..

..just a bit of respect.
Spot on Dodge and fair play for the commitment you and others made to go out there

Not been following the thread & it was a very good result & job done, after the weekend.

In all honesty, I thought we looked largely uninspired & in some cases not fully fit & I thought they were shit.

Fern was great & could be a huge boost, but it was all knocking the ball about unopposed & it's nonsense to suggest that is the end of the story, as some media are doing. He didn't have to do anything other than try to cover for occasional shit defending from others. We have to see him tested & then have an opinion. Cause for optimism, not proven.

I watched a recording of PSG v Real after our game & imo, Kroos could play for us right now. Which means we are not right.

Oh dear. I feel depressed now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.