Shakhtar (A) Pre Match Thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he might be Pep and for many he might be beyond reproach, but for me that is an idiotic line-up. An utterly needless and stupid gamble to risk Fernandinho and Sane in a dead rubber in the freezing cold, with the rags up on Sunday

I know it’s your opinion but let’s say he put out a lot of kids with Bernardo, Toure, and Gundogan. The kids gets smacked. Loss of confidence. No one sees them in any future matches again. They get slated by people on here. Pep does too for playing kids. The run has ended. That’s the possible scenario if he went full youth team mixed with Gundogan, Toure and Bernardo.

This was a damn if he did, damn if he didn’t type of line up. Dinho had some rest the last match and Sane didn’t play a whole game recently. I’m presuming they’ll both be substituted. This highlights the lack of ‘quality’ depth in key areas. I can understand the experience within this team. It’ll help the kids have a better game.

Does anyone else find it a surprise that we are favourites to win tonight? You can get 2-1 on Shakhtar, seems incredible odds to me that given our line up.

WTF is that team?! Ederson, Fernandinho, Sane and Jesus should be nowhere near this game. Can't believe he's playing them
Ederson and Jesus should be. CL is Ederson's comp. He should play. Pep has decided Aguero starts the Derby, thus Jesus should start.

Dihno I agree with. Bit we were always going to start someone who d start on the weekend. My choice was Walker, coz I thought he was the fittest. But Pep went with experience.

I don't agree, but I understand.

Same I thought may start. He looked rusty midweek. So that's expected. And it looks like Sane is st WB. Unless Pep is unveiling Foden at LB :)

What is the issue with Vinnie ? Pep said there was something up and couldn’t play

I mentioned that earlier in the thread and in Vinny's thread.

Pep wouldn't elaborate but lets hope it has nothing to do with his calf.

Delph sick as well , hopefully will recover in time for Sunday as our back four might be a little shaky without the two of them.

Based on the squad list

Claudio Bravo
Fernandinho (c)
Eliaquim Mangala
Tosin Adarabioyo
Danilo
Yaya Toure
Ilkay Gundogan
Bernardo Silva
Phil Foden
Brahim Diaz
Gabriel Jesus

I think Fernandinho will want to play as it's his old club.
Got 9 right out of 11 including the choice of captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.