Shakhtar Away Thomas Cook

johnnytapia

Anyone had confirmation yet that this is definitely happening? If not, anyone any idea how late they'd leave it until deciding minimum numbers wouldn't be met, ergo, it ain't happening? Ta

No nothing yet.

I made my own way to Hoffenheim, but those that went with Thomas Cook found out less than a week before the game, so maybe another week yet.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead or the away end will look pretty sparse.

I just rang TC about this trip. They told me it's definitely going ahead, but it could be as late as next Tue, before they have details on the trip. This is a pain in the ass, as I want to book my car into the airport carpark.

Anyone had confirmation yet that this is definitely happening? If not, anyone any idea how late they'd leave it until deciding minimum numbers wouldn't be met, ergo, it ain't happening? Ta

Way back to the Hamburg away game they pulled one of the aircraft owing to lack of numbers about 2 weeks before the game

Way back to the Hamburg away game they pulled one of the aircraft owing to lack of numbers about 2 weeks before the game

Don't need to go back as far as Hamburg for that. They did it for Hoffenheim fucking over a load of fans, me included exactly a week before.

I will never use Thomas Cook Sport again after the Hoffenheim debacle. It was reasonable to expect that we would fly with Thomas Cook whom I regard as a trusted carrier, but they sub contracted the flight to Jet2. On the proposed booking itinerary we were to land at Stuttgart, the nearest airport, 65km from the stadium. In the event they dumped us at the haven of low landing fees at Frankfurt Hahn, where cheap carriers like Ryanair fly to. We were definitely not treated as customers paying a premium. On board safety demonstrations were half hearted, and seat belt checks non existent. The switch in airports resulted in a coach transfer of 190km, eating into our free time, an absolute joke. All this for the princely sum of £299 which included basic cold snacks both ways and a bottle of water on the coach. The trusted Thomas Cook rep was a clueless, bumbling incompetent. I could go on but you have been warned.

I will never use Thomas Cook Sport again after the Hoffenheim debacle. It was reasonable to expect that we would fly with Thomas Cook whom I regard as a trusted carrier, but they sub contracted the flight to Jet2. On the proposed booking itinerary we were to land at Stuttgart, the nearest airport, 65km from the stadium. In the event they dumped us at the haven of low landing fees at Frankfurt Hahn, where cheap carriers like Ryanair fly to. We were definitely not treated as customers paying a premium. On board safety demonstrations were half hearted, and seat belt checks non existent. The switch in airports resulted in a coach transfer of 190km, eating into our free time, an absolute joke. All this for the princely sum of £299 which included basic cold snacks both ways and a bottle of water on the coach. The trusted Thomas Cook rep was a clueless, bumbling incompetent. I could go on but you have been warned.

Sounds like when we played Schalke04 way back when and they flew us to Cologne with a two hour coach ride to Gelsenkirchen which became 3 owing to bumps on the autobahn. Missed the first 10 minutes of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.