Shakhtar Donetsk (a) pre-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 14 Sep 2019.

?

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

Poll closed 18 Sep 2019.
  1. Win

69.2%
  2. Draw

21.9%
  3. Lose

8.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWP's back

SWP's back

Cheers

2. JamesLRobson

JamesLRobson

Ederson
    Cancelo, Otamendi, Garcia, Zinchenko
    Ferna
    KDB, B Silva
    Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling

Give Bernardo the chance to play himself into some form, while maintaining a lightning quick front three. Spanish Dave, Aguero and Rodri rested for the weekend (esp. Rodri as he's played every game and 2 internationals). Ferna also gives a bit more experience in front of a young CB.

I'll be totally gutted if we see Ferna or Walker at CB. Garcia showed more than enough in the cups last season, and even if he makes mistakes, it's an investment for the future. Playing Ferna at CB when we have 2 very talented young CBs (I know THB hasn't travelled) is extremely short-sightied imo

wythenshaweblue£££ likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy

I’d go with Garcia and Fernandinho, with Zin and Cancelo as fullbacks. I love Garcia and think he’s more than ready, give him a chance and let’s see if he takes it. Better to have him start this game than a PL game.

That being said I think he’ll be on the bench and Pep will go with Cancelo, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Zinchenko.

4. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Teams here, just scrolled through twiiter to find out the same thing:

5. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

----------------------Ederson
    Cancelo----E. Garcia------Otamendi-----Zinchenko
    ---------------------Fern/Rodri
    ---------De Bruyne-----------Bernardo
    Jesus-----------------Aguero------------------Sterling

Incorporates the 3 things I wanted post Norwich game:

- Cancelo to now be given a chance.
    - Change one of the centre halfs, Garcia this time round, think he should be given game time along with Harwood-Bellis. I would actually prefer them alongside Fernandinho but that might be too much change too soon.
    - Jesus to start, looks really sharp this season.

Think Pep might play Fern instead of Garcia and probably wont rest D.Silva either.

6. Ric

Ric

I was expecting Cancelo to start tonight, but wonder if the Stones injury will force Guardiola to rethink. Maybe making wholesale changes to the back line might be a bit risky in an away CL tie? Expect Fernandinho to get the nod over Garcia, so wouldn't be surprised if he goes for Walker, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Zinchenko. Personally, I'd like to see Cancelo, Garcia, Otamendi and Mendy.

Jacob Smith and Chi-town blues like this.
  7. JamesLRobson

JamesLRobson

I think it's unlikely Zinchenko doesn't start given he did the presser yesterday. Surely Pep can't leave him out on his return to Ukraine two years in a row...

8. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Pep is not sentimental like that. He will pick the team that will win the game with half an eye on the next game.

9. wythenshaweblue£££

wythenshaweblue£££

Nooo we will Beat these tonight I get what your saying but we will be to strong in the end and get the win.

10. ancoats

ancoats

your right its the result at the end of the day, but the style/idea is like losing to norwich city and its not because we was shit but it was just not our day, unlike united win vs Leicester boring the shit out the fans and winning on a pen playing shit football, i know what i would rather watch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.