Shakhtar Donetsk (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A League cup team will be enough to get the job done. No need to play lads that need a longer rest.
If we get beat we then possibly have to get something at Dinamo, I’d rather wrap up top spot tomorrow but agree one or two rested, Ferdy and KDB being prime candidates.

Reactions: mat
If Serg is injured, would you start Jesus? Might be an argument to wrap him in cotton wool and save him for the league games.

I think I would start Jesus, but give him just 60 mins.

----------------------Ederson
Walker-------Garcia------Otamendi---Angelino
--------------------Gundogan
------ Doyle-----------------Foden
-----Mahrez------Jesus----Sterling

I wonder is Carson may play? Depends how good his distribution is.
Good point about whether to start Jesus or not. Which other striker from the reserves is next in line?. Not heard anything about Nmecha recently.

Just watched Pep and Jesus in press conference.
Very impressed by Jesus and his attitude, particularly when that snake Simon Stone asked him if he had any regrets about joining City as he’s currently not a regular starter...
I was hoping Pep would deck the snide little shit for asking such a ridiculous question which incidentally had absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming game.
Stone is a shit stirrer and should be banned from our press conferences.

BREAKING: Pep Guardiola has stated Sergio Aguero will be out for a 'few games' and a 'few weeks'.

Pep Guardiola has confirmed both Rodrigo and David Silva are fit, after suffering from cramp against Chelsea.

Pep Guardiola on Oleksandr Zinchenko: “At the moment he’s injured. He arrived as a young player, he’s trained incredible and convinced us. He can play in several positions, he adapts well.”

Pep Guardiola on #ManCity defensive form: “In general I think we are getting better, week by week. We’ve had players injured for a long time. Mendy has come back from long injury, Angelino and Joao are new. I’m more than satisfied with what we’ve done.”

Pep Guardiola on the upcoming fixture list and injuries: "It’s the toughest period, a lot of games, it is what it is. We’d rather have everyone but my advice to the players and myself is don’t think too much. We have enough good players to have enough quality there.”

and nearly a full house looks , nice one.

Just looked on the planner and tickets have been flying out the door. Instead of leaving the 3rd tier above the Shakhtar fans empty which is what they sometimes do for European games, those seats have been put on sale too and have virtually sold out. I think EL3 sold out last week, and what looks like about 1000 or so tickets in CB3 have been put on the planner today. There might be some on the outer wings of CB3 to shift as well once those have gone, but I reckon this will be a sell out

Last edited:
Just looked on the planner and tickets have been flying out the door. Instead of leaving the 3rd tier above the Shakhtar fans empty which is what they sometimes do for European games, those seats been put on sale too and have virtually sold out. I think EL3 sold out last week, and what looks like about 1000 or tickets in CB3 have been put on the planner today. There might be some on the outer wings of CB3 to shift as well once those have gone, but I reckon this will be a sell out

looks like Shaktar are only taking block 113 as the blocks above it are available for City fans. Perhaps not suprising given the distance but I still expect to see the hardcore there stripped to the waste and chanting as usual.

ManCity training squad ahead of #MCISHA: Ederson, Bravo, Carson. Walker, Angelino, Mendy, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi, Garcia. Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Silva. Sterling, Mahrez, Garre, Jesus. [via @ManCityMEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.