Shaun Goater- A True Blue Gent

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

I would like to thank Shaun Goater for taking the time to sign my programme, and shake my hand, before yesterday's game.

A wheelchair reliant blue, I was lucky enough to meet him, near the club's media centre, just as I got into the ground.

Shaun has always been a legend as a player, at the club, but has now become even more so, in my eyes, since meeting him on a personal level

One of the most pleasant & personable people I've ever met. What a privilege it is to have such a true gentleman representing our great club.

Thanks again to Shaun for a wonderful memory I'll never forget, wouldn't have missed it for anything... Despite our performance on the pitch afterwards!!

A great ambassador for our club,he has always acted with dignity and class where we are concerned.

Another ex player who has taken City into his heart,a top man indeed.

A true gent. Always has time for the fans when I've seen him out and about. He regularly shows his class and people skills when he has to deal with some of the callers on the radio after games. Some of the "questions" put to him by fans calling in can be quite testing but he always manages to give an honest and in many cases diplomatic answer.
He's a club legend in many respects.

A true legend of our great club. To think how we all ridiculed him when he first played for us!

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
I would like to thank Shaun Goater for taking the time to sign my programme, and shake my hand, before yesterday's game.

A wheelchair reliant blue, I was lucky enough to meet him, near the club's media centre, just as I got into the ground.

Great stuff, and so true - he's a great bloke :)

What time was this btw if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to get his book signed but not sure how long before kick off he arrives and goes in..

kippaxkid74 said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:

Great stuff, and so true - he's a great bloke :)

What time was this btw if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to get his book signed but not sure how long before kick off he arrives and goes in..

It was about half past six mate. I had come through entrance S, and was just about to turn the corner to take the lift (which is situated quite near the media centre) up to level two of the Colin Bell stand, where my wheelchair base was situated, when who should appear before my very eyes but Shaun.

As you can imagine, on seeing the great man, I was completely tongue tied and could hardly put a sentence together.

Shaun must be well used to that sort of thing happening though, he could see how nervous I was but came over, shook my hand, and put me completely at ease by virtually monopolising the whole of our short conversation thereafter.

As I've said previously, what a privilege it is to have such a true gentleman representing our great club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.