Shaun Goater

A true legend and a thoroughly nice fella to boot. Don't think I have ever seen anyone put in as much effort, playing for us. He went to war every week, with big and tough defenders from the lower leagues. Time and again he would find a way to get the ball in the net, cumbersome as he may have looked at times. Yet, there are also some quality finishes amongst his collection.
His contribution to our cause may get lost amongst what has come since and what may be yet to come. We should never forget it though. You remember the people that pick you up when you are down. No man fought harder or did more, when we needed it most.

A true legend and a thoroughly nice fella to boot. Don't think I have ever seen anyone put in as much effort, playing for us. He went to war every week, with big and tough defenders from the lower leagues. Time and again he would find a way to get the ball in the net, cumbersome as he may have looked at times. Yet, there are also some quality finishes amongst his collection.
His contribution to our cause may get lost amongst what has come since and what may be yet to come. We should never forget it though. You remember the people that pick you up when you are down. No man fought harder or did more, when we needed it most.
Totally agreed.... especially if we remember how bitter was those days for us....

Great post, I remember Joe Royal said it was the best £100,000 he ever spent

What? No Happy Shaun Goater Day plane banner?

Feed the Goat!

Fuck the Burnley Air Stewards.

P.s. I know your posts wasn't suggesting anything dodgy.
Not at all mate & thanks for that ;), ALL lives matter was what I was trying to get across I’m no racist by any stretch I work with & love black people

Not at all mate & thanks for that ;), ALL lives matter was what I was trying to get across I’m no racist by any stretch I work with & love black people

I'm talking about the "My mates in Burnley won't wish him well" quote. Not sure what else you are referring to but it seems a bit deeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.