Shaving

malg

Gone to a normal razor in the last few weeks - old school razor blades. Also using a shaving brush and cream.

Got to say that it feels a lot better. Nice close shave and skin feels better as well.

Also, just bought 50 Gillette razor blades for £10. A full year for a tenner - oh, and they're not the cheapest by any means.

Oh, I know I'm an old twat, but the price of blades and shaving foam/gel is just taking the piss.

Switched to a safety razor (old fashioned type) a few years ago and enjoy the experience BUT when I go on holiday I tend to throw the Gillette razor in as it’s quicker and I don’t need to take the soap / brush etc..

Gone to a normal razor in the last few weeks - old school razor blades. Also using a shaving brush and cream.

Got to say that it feels a lot better. Nice close shave and skin feels better as well.

Also, just bought 50 Gillette razor blades for £10. A full year for a tenner - oh, and they're not the cheapest by any means.

Oh, I know I'm an old twat, but the price of blades and shaving foam/gel is just taking the piss.
Done the same myself. My son bought me a real shaver for Father's Day last year..I love it. Whipping up the soap lathers with a shavers brush and then using real razor blades. It just feels better.
For my face, that is. Don't try anywhere else...not good. According to a friend ;)

I've been using a shavette straight razor for over 5 years now (brush and soap). Takes me less than 5 minutes to get rid of a weeks growth, and the beauty of a straight razor is that it doesn't get clogged, unlike those expensive wanky multi-blade disposables.

Took a while to get used to but saved me an absolute fortune.

Ah right, not just me then. Looks like I'm late to the party......
Just some of us. We tend to get swept way with the consumerism and their BS adverts. I mean...they sold us a razor with TWO BLADES. We thought that was clever. Then 3 blades...then 4! They could have just gone straight for 4 blades from the start. 5 would just be mental.

Veet for men its much safer ...

Whoops sorry you're talking about shaving your face. As you were

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.