Shaving

Men's grooming products are a massive con. I recon my shaving costs between £7 & £10 per year.

I use these:

Derby Professional Single Edge Razor Blade 100-Pieces, 0.04203 kg : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care.

This gives me about 120-150 weeks of shaving using this:

Cut-Throat Razor | Uses Replaceable Blades - The Bluebeards Revenge (bluebeards-revenge.co.uk)

I also use this soap which lasts about 6 months, and I've had my current brush for a couple of years.

Shaving Brush & Soap Bowl | Order Online UK | Wilkinson Swor

All my life I've just splattered normal soap on my face with my hands, rubbbed it into the bristle, then used a twin blade razor I bought 30 years ago in Flaine on a skiing holiday, a Gillette Contour.

I can't be bothered with a brush. I used one a few times when I was a teenager and could'nt see the point, so I've been hands on, so to speak, ever since.

Nice smooth shave every time.

I received as a present at Christmas many years ago a 'Mach 3' razor, which I tried for a short while but soon dispensed with it as it was'nt as good as my twin blade.

All I buy are razor blades, and yeah, it's all a big con and ignoring the hype hasn't ever stopped me from having a satisfying scrape.

Recommend Somerset's shaving oil. Been using it for years, since my older brother showed me it. Three or four drops suffice, you massage it into your chin and cheeks. And I only shave every three days or so. It's far more convenient to carry if you're travelling than an aerosol can, and better for the planet. One tiny bottle lasts me close on a year.
That said, I'm about to go back to using a brush and lather again, just for a change. I've been using Somerset's for about ten years, at least.

Me too. I use their shaving gel and a safety razor. Oil also when I travel. I feel I get a very close shave.

Just sent off for some Gillette fusion copy blades from Temu. Special offer of 1 holder and 36 blades for a miserly £2.99!

The reviews (verified) say they're as good as Gillette but I'll soon see. Anyone bought these blades or bought from Temu?

Screenshot_20231014-101723.png

Men's grooming products are a massive con. I recon my shaving costs between £7 & £10 per year.

I use these:

Derby Professional Single Edge Razor Blade 100-Pieces, 0.04203 kg : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care.

This gives me about 120-150 weeks of shaving using this:

Cut-Throat Razor | Uses Replaceable Blades - The Bluebeards Revenge (bluebeards-revenge.co.uk)

I also use this soap which lasts about 6 months, and I've had my current brush for a couple of years.

Shaving Brush & Soap Bowl | Order Online UK | Wilkinson Sword
Those Derby blades are terrible

I use the single double sided stainless blades but not with the usual Gillette twist holder. I find they are quite fragile and hinges break easily.

I use a solid brass (nickel chrome plated) 3 piece plus blade assembly which is and has been perfect for many years.
Lighter cheaper versions exist but the internal handle screw thread simply rusted away.

Believe it or not, but there are counterfeit blades knocking about; even the cheaper brands.
I bought a mixed pack of blades (five of each) from the English Shaving Company, which included brands such as Wilkinson Sword, Gillette 7 o'clock etc and Derby
The Derby are awful and by far and away the worst

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.