Shaving

Gone to a normal razor in the last few weeks - old school razor blades. Also using a shaving brush and cream.

Got to say that it feels a lot better. Nice close shave and skin feels better as well.

Also, just bought 50 Gillette razor blades for £10. A full year for a tenner - oh, and they're not the cheapest by any means.

Oh, I know I'm an old twat, but the price of blades and shaving foam/gel is just taking the piss.
I have a beard these last four years. But you are right about the old blades and brush. And the price of stuff is a joke. I am also an old twat so maybe that is why I agree with you.

Recommend Somerset's shaving oil. Been using it for years, since my older brother showed me it. Three or four drops suffice, you massage it into your chin and cheeks. And I only shave every three days or so. It's far more convenient to carry if you're travelling than an aerosol can, and better for the planet. One tiny bottle lasts me close on a year.
That said, I'm about to go back to using a brush and lather again, just for a change. I've been using Somerset's for about ten years, at least.

Still worth doing tho
Is it though?...Is it really...? maybe for hairy bastards it is, but i'm not...My mates were shaving before i had 3 side pubes, and didn't they let me know how strange that was. I have a very strained psychological relationship with body hair without fur lined fuckers like you making me feel bad for having lazy follicles.. :)

Is it though?...Is it really...? maybe for hairy bastards it is, but i'm not...My mates were shaving before i had 3 side pubes, and didn't they let me know how strange that was. I have a very strained psychological relationship with body hair without fur lined fuckers like you making me feel bad for having lazy follicles.. :)
I’m far from ‘fur lined’. Never been able to grow a proper beard. I suppose it’s nature’s way of telling me I’m a much better-looking guy without facial hair :))

Men's grooming products are a massive con. I recon my shaving costs between £7 & £10 per year.

I use these:

Derby Professional Single Edge Razor Blade 100-Pieces, 0.04203 kg : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care.

This gives me about 120-150 weeks of shaving using this:

Cut-Throat Razor | Uses Replaceable Blades - The Bluebeards Revenge (bluebeards-revenge.co.uk)

I also use this soap which lasts about 6 months, and I've had my current brush for a couple of years.

Shaving Brush & Soap Bowl | Order Online UK | Wilkinson Sword

Slightly embarassing at 56 years old but I just can't manage a razor - I always like like edward f**king scissor hands has had a go at my chin whenever I try (blood everywhere), so I just have to plod on with the ubiquitous Braun electric shaver... spending forever trying to get a smooth shave...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.