Shay Facey

Good news. I thought he looked excellent in the Manchester games. There was some talk that they would take Fran Martinez ahead of him which baffled me as Martinez looked awful. Facey on the other hand looked a real leader of that backline.

I think this move will carve his pathway one way or another,obviously we haven't decided on his quality,and whether he can be a useful HG option,just yet.
He has shown glimpses of real potential in some games only to show an equal lack of it in others.

My gut tells me he wont quite have enough for us but his attitude and attributes will see him forge a decent career elsewhere.It goes without saying...... hope he does superb for NY

mansour's tow ropes said:
Damocles said:
To be fair aswell, 20 is an age where he really should be playing first team football rather than our EDS if he is to succeed at our level.

You are correct, however, Shay only turned 18 in January
He'd play Youth League if he turned only 18 or 19 this year, he's 20

SlimShadyRus said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Damocles said:
To be fair aswell, 20 is an age where he really should be playing first team football rather than our EDS if he is to succeed at our level.

You are correct, however, Shay only turned 18 in January
He'd play Youth League if he turned only 18 or 19 this year, he's 20
Actually he may be 21, the OS has him as being '94, transfermarket as '95 and the NYdailynews.com site is using the OS year of birth.

Edit: nope, he's 20, I found a deleted twitter account where he was wished happy 19th in January 2014.

2nd Edit: and he's not the first one on the OS that they've got their year of birth wrong. We're paying someone a lot of money for the site and someone needs a kick up the backside.

Good move for the lad.

I like him, he looks a good player to me. Really comfortable on the ball. Personally don't think he'll make it with us, but he should go on to have a good career in football.

CityFan94 said:
Good move for the lad.

I like him, he looks a good player to me. Really comfortable on the ball. Personally don't think he'll make it with us, but he should go on to have a good career in football.
I think he may actually be better than Demichelis or Boyata, so he may even have a chance with us. And what he has showed for NYCFC so far is a good sign. If he continues like that, he'll definitely have a good career

SlimShadyRus said:
CityFan94 said:
Good move for the lad.

I think he may actually be better than Demichelis or Boyata, so he may even have a chance with us. And what he has showed for NYCFC so far is a good sign. If he continues like that, he'll definitely have a good career
If you'd left it at Boyata you may have had a point, but Demichelis??? Not a chance in hell at this point in time at least and maybe never.

Best wishes to him for his debut later.

A 3 month loan will do him the world of good and will hopefully give us an idea of the level he could carve a career at.I think Trippier was a better player at his age but its possible he could go no to achieve similar success.

Did very well on his cameo as a right back. Hopefully he will cement his place in the first eleven after few weeks. Their starting RB had some dodgy moments, although I would rather see him in CB, but that's just me.

SlimShadyRus said:
CityFan94 said:
Good move for the lad.

Yeah, Facey's better than Beckenbauer and Ronaldo too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.