Sheff Utd post match thread

The Premier League will not use video assistant referees in 2019-20 to rule on goalkeepers moving off their line to save a penalty.
Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) will leave such decisions to on-field officials.

The VAR can intervene in one of the following instances:

- A clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement
- A double touch by the penalty-taker
- Feigning at the point of the kick by the taker
- Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297433

Everything I have read says that it can’t following the Women's World Cup fiasco of pretty much every saved penalty being retaken.

The VAR can intervene in one of the following instances:

- A clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement
- A double touch by the penalty-taker
- Feigning at the point of the kick by the taker
- Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297433

Aguero... WOW! Have a look at his goal, he checks his run, KDB see’s this and knows exactly where to put the ball for him.

The penna. im a bit meh about the goaly being off his line. I cringe when everyone shouts “corrupt”, it was just shit from the lino.
Im actually of the opinion that such a shit pen doesnt deserve a re-take! Just like sterlings 2 tge other month.

a good win the against a stubborn, dirty, well drilled side.

a cup or 2, decent run in the chumps league and ill be happy this season

I thought 4 minutes extra time was a minute too much, but we ended up playing 5, I get there was a substitution (I think) so they'll add 30 seconds or whatever, but didn't see any other reason, anyone know or can account for it ?
Football time added on is guesswork by the official there is no logic to it

They did at least twice?
Was it straight afterwards or are you including the HT & after match waffle? I genuinely only saw one immediate brief replay at full speed at fully side on, the commentators seemed to move on quickly. One of them mentioned something about "off his line" but didn't expand much and then, when there was a "to do" involving Pep shortly after, they didn't mention perhaps that was the reason.

I thought 4 minutes extra time was a minute too much, but we ended up playing 5, I get there was a substitution (I think) so they'll add 30 seconds or whatever, but didn't see any other reason, anyone know or can account for it ?
I think Mason was hoping to get a few more yellows in to win his bet

The Premier League will not use video assistant referees in 2019-20 to rule on goalkeepers moving off their line to save a penalty.
Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) will leave such decisions to on-field officials.
The VAR can intervene in the following instance:
Watch that put into practise the next time a keeper comes off his line.

You can't believe the mentality of a **** like Besic making that tackle on Laporte. I saw some reports saying it was mistimed, bollocks to that, he knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted to put Eric out for several more months.
Why didn't var look at that one then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.