Sheff Utd post match thread

Just an observation. Reviewing the match day thread last night, the level of player abuse is staggering and disgusting. Raheem and Gabriel might as well be war criminals, the level of vitriolic abusive shit that was being thrown at them. These are our players, they make mistakes, they have patches of bad form, it happens, always has and always will. Spoiled fucking brats doesn’t come close. I appreciate at the home games the ground is too quiet, but sooner that than if all the moaning miserable cunnts on here turned up. Unfuckingbelievable

I think I’ve only posted on the match thread a couple of times since I’ve joined and that was at half time, but it has always baffled me how people can give running commentary during a game and be so reactionary? I actually thought it was just for people who couldn’t get a link to the game, obviously I’m just shit at multitasking...

Just an observation. Reviewing the match day thread last night, the level of player abuse is staggering and disgusting. Raheem and Gabriel might as well be war criminals, the level of vitriolic abusive shit that was being thrown at them. These are our players, they make mistakes, they have patches of bad form, it happens, always has and always will. Spoiled fucking brats doesn’t come close. I appreciate at the home games the ground is too quiet, but sooner that than if all the moaning miserable cunnts on here turned up. Unfuckingbelievable
The abuse some players get on the Match Thread is pretty shocking. Some right bell ends giving our hardest working players stick, as if they've never put a foot wrong at work.

It would be IFAB, wouldn’t it?

It can’t have been overruled in either competition as VAR hasn't been used for keeper encroachment.
It's on the league's own website?

It was Collina that said they had to use VAR in those circumstances. He's the FIFA head of referees I think.

It was Collina that said they had to use VAR in those circumstances. He's the FIFA head of referees.

Collina has no authority over the PL refereeing, hence why they didn't use the pitch side screens despite his recommendation that was a bad idea, or his recommending against the "high bar" thing we had early on.

Working last night so listened to GMR, and it felt mostly drama free. Have just watched a replay of the game and I enjoyed it (knowing the result perhaps helped), a proper game of football. I thought we played well by and large, our defending the best its been all season, and we had to do a fair bit even though they didn't create many openings there were a lot of balls to defend. Henderson is the best keeper we've played against and he kept them in it, especially first half.

Ederson 7
Fernandhino 8
Otamendi 8
Laporte 8
Walker 7
Zinchenko 7
Rodri 7
KdB 7
Mahrez 8
Jesus 6
Sterling 7 (more than Jesus just for his workrate)

Aguero 8
Garcia 7

I've never been a fan of 3 CB's but this feels right, and it allows us to get forward quicker with Walker and Mahrez working well together.
How can you give Sterling the same score as Kevin, that is just bloody ridiculous.

It was Collina that said they had to use VAR in those circumstances. He's the FIFA head of referees I think.

Maybe he has, but the Premier League and Champions League continue not to use VAR for keeper encroachment on penalties.

Collina has no authority over the PL refereeing, hence why they didn't use the pitch side screens despite his recommendation that was a bad idea, or his recommending against the "high bar" thing we had early on.
Maybe that's next on Collins's list

While it's on the league website that VAR is to be used for movement by goalkeepers on penalties I reckon it's a fair enough assumption to make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.