Sheff Utd post match thread

Probably been answered but any player on the field can swap with the goalie but this must be advised to the referee, be during stopped play and the players must swap shirts. I'm guessing the referee might object on the grounds of time wasting or gamesmanship and prevent the players swapping back after the penalty.
Sounds a plan
I would just love to see Ederson smash penalties. I suspect the opposition goalie would end up with broken fingers if he mistakenly got in the way.
I seem to recall a Peruvian or Mexican keeper taking pens for the national team a few decades back. I think the called him “el loco” / the crazy one.
Ederson would fit the bill.

The idea to put Laporte on against those animals was to say the least foolhardy the first tackle on him was a total disgrace and perhaps a red. very surprised considering what the lad has gone through that it didnt infuriate some of our boys Last night was always going to be hard and tbh delighted with points biggest let down continues to be Sterling where has his early season form gone? and Jesus still not convinced he is Aguero"s long term successor

Sounds a plan
I would just love to see Ederson smash penalties. I suspect the opposition goalie would end up with broken fingers if he mistakenly got in the way.
I seem to recall a Peruvian or Mexican keeper taking pens for the national team a few decades back. I think the called him “el loco” / the crazy one.
Ederson would fit the bill.
Think you mean Higuita the Colombian one who played in the 90s. He was mental, he even visited Pablo Escobar when he was banged up. Loved a bit of the old marching powder as well.

Tried to use the Sky highlights and the City website to confirm/contradict my impressions from watching the game. The foul on Laporte wasn't on and it wasn't reviewed by VAR which is a surprise since I thought it was at least a strong orange card because no attempt was made to play the ball and a full set of studs crashed int Ayme's ankle. I also thought his header from under the bar was rewarded by a late elbow to his head which was well worth a second look. In view of the praise heaped on Sheffield United for last night's performance I think it should be borne in mind that the other side of the coin is a policy of trying to injure a player just returning from injury. Hardly to their credit. On the actual football, Sheffield's contribution was limited. I was alarmed at times but never panicked and NEVER felt we were going to lose. Their one and only attempt on target was a back heel straight into Eddie's arms. This was because of City's defensive control and Sheffield's preoccupation with defence. Fair enough to avoid a caning but unlikely ever to beat City. A patient exercise in control, domination and attrition by City, who seemed to have read Sheffield's mind.

Think you mean Higuita the Colombian one who played in the 90s. He was mental, he even visited Pablo Escobar when he was banged up. Loved a bit of the old marching powder as well.
Higuita was nuts. He did the scorpion kick at Wembley but don’t think he took pens.
Just googled it SAN Paolo keeper Ceri holds the record for most pens with 69! Although Ederson is also Brazilian there’s no chance he could equal that playing for City as it will take us 20 yrs plus to get awarded that number of pens! BTW Ceri also scored 61 free kicks!!!!
The Paraguayan Chilavert is the only one to score a hat trick and the Mexican I was thinking was Campos.
Goalkeepers definitely can take pens Pep....please!!!

I to haven't found any of the fouls on any highlights, I would like to see them if anyone has any links
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Thinking back to last night and some of their challenges, I think it was Fleck on Ferna towards the end of the 1st half that was absolutely shocking. Just above the ankle I think, could have been a lot worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.