Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

To those of you who were at the game............................
Did any of you watch the names of the fans who died in 2019 and were remembered in the minutes silence?
My younger sister seems to think that our grandson's name was included - it was Logan Tuson, aged 7, drowned in January.

I didn't take notice of the names but entirely non coincidentally, your thread about that awful news only came into my mind the other day and I did give a thought for you in that moment. A devastating year for you and I hope 2020 is a happier year.

Hilarious seeing all of the arguments that our 1st goal shouldn't have stood and was "ridiculous".

The Sheffield United player touched the ball, not the ref. Not sure why that's "ridiculous"

Compare that to VAR's claim of a "handball" on Laporte early in the season that "led" to Jesus scoring and was taken back against Spurs was wrong as well, or no VAR needed to take away Sane's goal against Liverpool in CL or VAR then to take Raz' away against Spurs in CL as well.

Which is more "ridiculous" again?

Also read the ref "obstructed" the goal...what?

Obstruction? The ref? The ref can't "obstruct" anything as far as I understand. That can only be an opponent. The ref tried to get out of the way and he did as he didn't hit the ball. The ref is part of the pitch otherwise. It's annoying, I know and somewhat unfortunate, but hardly a devine tragedy compared to other decisions I see every week.

The ball hit the Sheff United player's boot and then bounced away to City as the player reached for it. If the ball hit the ref then you have an argument. Otherwise I'm a bit lost.

I realise if the ball hit the ref then the goal would have been taken away, but it didn't as he tried and did move out of the way. So, he should just stand there and allow the ball to hit him? He made a genuine effort to move. It's just bad luck.

I seem to remember at the start of the season that pundits were suggesting this rule about hitting the ref with the ball could be used as a tactic to get out of tricky situations. Maybe that's what Sheff were doing ?, but the ref got out of the way so no problem with the goal at all. Thought they were excellent though and hope they compete like that at Anfield.

She was awful at norwich away, I know I was right on pitchside.

And she missed or failed to flag the obvious foul on sergio and the blatant offside late on.

She is a decent enough lineman who runs the line well and keeps up with play better than some of the useless fuckers we see week in, but she still makes errors and made two yesterday
She got the offside right and you don't know what instruction she got from the ref about when to flag for players jostling for the ball.

She got the offside right and you don't know what instruction she got from the ref about when to flag for players jostling for the ball.

They don't need instruction, the laws are there, after flagging the ref can overrule it, but a clear push is a foul and should be flagged.

We will disagree on the offside as I stand in the same area she was and it looked offside to me and everyone else around me, and seeing as I haven't seen a replay I will stick to my original opinion whether it is wrong or not I cannot say without a replay niether can anyone else.

I seem to remember at the start of the season that pundits were suggesting this rule about hitting the ref with the ball could be used as a tactic to get out of tricky situations. Maybe that's what Sheff were doing ?, but the ref got out of the way so no problem with the goal at all. Thought they were excellent though and hope they compete like that at Anfield.

In fact, just watched the highlights on the OS and it seems to me this is exactly what the Sheff player was trying to do - deliberately hit the ref with the ball.

Bizarre that over the Christmas period with so many games he does not even get on the pitch.

Something very strange with this one, maybe he does want out .

He doesn't seem a happy camper but, at the moment, there's no way he's replacing Walker who, despite the odd brain fart, is one of the most committed players on the team. He's been through numerous PL Christmas schedules and understands that graft, determination and resolve are as important as skill and guile against teams like Sheffield United.

He doesn't seem a happy camper but, at the moment, there's no way he's replacing Walker who, despite the odd brain fart, is one of the most committed players on the team. He's been through numerous PL Christmas schedules and understands that graft, determination and resolve are as important as skill and guile against teams like Sheffield United.
Walker is more important to us at the moment because of the lack of pace at the back and he is a natural athlete. Even after a lot of games his energy levels are high. Outstanding athlete hence he plays more games in a busy period.

They don't need instruction, the laws are there, after flagging the ref can overrule it, but a clear push is a foul and should be flagged.

We will disagree on the offside as I stand in the same area she was and it looked offside to me and everyone else around me, and seeing as I haven't seen a replay I will stick to my original opinion whether it is wrong or not I cannot say without a replay niether can anyone else.
First instruction. "Follow my lead on physical contact. If things look like getting heated, we'll start penalising every little grapple but take your cue from me." Second instruction: "I will not overrule your flag unless you're wrong in the law." Third instruction: "Plenty of eye contact - you'll know when I'm looking for help on a decision." (And at this level talk to me on coms.) Ref and assistant giving things opposite ways is a bad look.

As for sticking to an opinion when everyone who's seen a replay says she got it right....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.