Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

What line?
Their back line which dictates whether a player is offside or not. Like I said though it was one call, should have kept her flag down and let VAR deal with it. You are correct, in that it's unjustified to single her performance out as a bad one over that. I'd possibly add the foul on Aguero that led to the disallowed goal but the ref was close enough to make that call himself and he waved play on without pause.

Now that I think of it though, would they have scored if our players weren't more concerned with pointing it out, so that VAR looked at it? Which they didn't in the end. That was very reminiscent of the Liverpool goal, against the run of play. Just play to the whistle and get on the refs back after it's out of play. Don't bank on the VAR doing his job fairly.

Last edited:
When you think back over a long period we do seem to forget the golden rule - play to the whistle. How many goals have we conceded when we STOP awaiting the referee to blow for a foul on one of our players & it dont happen ?

Usually the foul would certainly have been given if we had done it. But suddenly a couple of good passes & we are one down again.

Thought we were deserved winners, despite the NBC coverage which was very reminiscent of BT's style, of being more concerned with how well the other team are doing and whether the ref has given them every single decision possible. Anybody know who the annoying Scottish tit on commentary was? Seemed gutted that City won.

The Ref was shite for City, lost count of the number of fouls that went ignored against us but he couldn't blow fast enough when Sheffield Utd player went down. Seemed a clear foul on Aguero before their offside goal and yet Sheffield were apparently hard done by? Not for me, that was the right call for the wrong reason, no goal either way.

This. I'm fed up of these arse holes literally supporting our opponents in matches against us... Particularly Stuart f*ckin Pearce.

100%. Walker is a big Sheff Utd fan so (not that he tends to lack motivation) would have been extra determined to play and do well yesterday.
If anything Walker was trying too hard against them and it affected his game in the first half. Guardiola must have had a word at half because he was more composed after. Liked the fact that after he applauded us he went over to clap his fellow Blades fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.