Sheffield United (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

When we played them in the semi a few years back it was horrific. On the main road to the stadium (managed to blag good parking) the rag fans were so horrendous we were convinced they would turn our car over.
They were throwing beer at the police horses. We covered our club colours and drove through.

It was like a fucking zombie apocalypse. Terrifying.
They were even singing "Fuck off back to Manchester"

Guess the cockneys don't do Irony.

The only ground I have ever had a knife pulled on me, Bramall lane, it was a Wednesday night cup match if I remember. I was at the fa cup quarter at Goodison, and all that went on there before and after, countless times at $old Trafford, Millwall away, A few European games, countless big home and always, never before or since has a knife been pulled.
They do call them the Blades.

I think that was a great turn-out by Blades fans yesterday, especially considering they really had no chance of progression, barring a miracle - especially without Doyle and McAtee.

The disappointment is that there were a lot of knobheads looking to rile normal City fans and looking for trouble afterwards. I hope they found it from lads who can handle themselves; City have got their fair share of them.

Hopefully, it can be civilised next season, and I hope you can invest wisely over the summer to give yourselves the best chance of staying up.
I agree, sunshine, drugs and alcohol bring out the worst in some football fans. This has also been called out as unacceptable on our forum this morning and ruined the day of quite a few of our young fans experiencing Wembley for the first time.

I do think it’s a growing concern across football post pandemic and we have an unpleasant share like most clubs.

Out of interest how many were at Wembley? Game yesterday could have been played at the swamp and saved everyone a fortune. Absolute joke for thousands to have traipsed down south.
The swamp is not fit for purpose.
Along with the 2 scouse grounds and Newcastle.I might find Newcastle okay if I have sat in the lower part of the ground.
That leaves Sunderland and The Etihad.

Last edited:
Sick of seeing smirking reds sniggering at the turn out.

Regardless of how many we took the fact that sheff U took less (big day out, doing well in the championship, playing the champs, get very decent home crowds in a high population city etc etc etc) spells out in huge letters that football fans are being priced out of these games.

Working mans sport no longer and with a cost of living crisis people make choices
I know quite a few match going reds who ain’t going today due to either cost or because they don’t agree with the semi being at Wembley.

This image always comes to mind when the PL accuse us of fiddling our accounts, and the reality of our irrefutable evidence is just that

man-city-lawyers.gif

Don't mess with the big dog...

Anyone see the fan get arrested on the steps to the tube at wembley park? Loads chased him and het got legged up with about 7 coppers jumping on him

I could see the Police getting hold of someone on the steps but didn't see what went on before. If was going on as we were walking up the steps to get the tube.

On another note, the tube we were on stopped at Baker Street and loads of people were getting on. Some Sheff Utd fans squeezed on and the door shut. There was a guy on the platform going mad, kicking & punching the tube door and shouting at this woman from Sheffield, who had got on. The train wasn't moving with this going on, so the police came over, didn't see if they just had a word or they got arrested, as the train pulled away. Not sure if it was one of our lot or another one of their own fans, but no idea why someone would be punching a door, trying to start on a woman. Maybe they had pushed in to get on the train, but the reaction seemed over the top, to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.