Sheffield Utd (A) post match thread

Positives:

Dias and Laporte. Very solid.
Walker. No words needed.
Cancelo. Getting better and better. Bye bye Mendy.
Torres' work rate and movement.

Negatives:

Mahrez. Disappointing again after working numerous opportunities to assist/score.
De Bruyne. Sloppy with key passes. Unlike him.

Overall:

An important win with a controlled performance. However, should've put it to bed earlier and not wasted lots of opportunities to do it.
100% agree although Kev can be excused because he never stops working even when some of his passes go astray. A great 3 points.

So with no strikes or pre-season, covid infections and a packed schedule we’re 2 points of the top.

♂️

Mahrez is stealing a living, completely ineffectual and doesn't work hard enough.

Defence looks great but Cancelo will always give someone a chance.

Bernie more like his old self in the second half.

And, whisper it quietly, De Bruyne is becoming something of a liability because he needs a rest and is out on his feet, impacting his work rate and decision making.

Walker man of match for me.

Did I mention how shite Mahrez is?
While Cancelo may give the opposition a chance if we get more clinical then it’ll be irrelevant. I’d rather him with a few defensive mistakes but good attacking output than mendy who offers nowt atm

Played well in parts and if we can finished it would of ended up 3-4. Defence looks safe st last with Dias and Laporte.

Walker outstanding.

Attack is just not clicking yet.

FFS...fuck off please.

Overall happy with that. We need to win games 1-0 if we are to win anything this year.

Delighted 1-zip to the blues.

Laporte and Dias fucking hell. They are immense!

Walker motm. Torres excellent first half but visibly exhausted second.

I thought it was an excellent team performance with a few that stood out individually. Walker and Rodri were both excellent (there’s a sentence I was ever expecting to write). At the opposite end of the spectrum, Mahrez especially but also Sterling are far too wasteful. They have to start delivering.

We are certainly improving game on game and for the first time in a long time, we actually look like we can consistently win a game 1-0.

Feel that's because Sterling was invisible defensively second half, was pretty baffling Foden didn't come on for him earlier second half. He was clearly knackered.
Sterling has been invisible defensively for a whole year. He gives up on 50-50s, both head-on and shoulder-to-shoulder, and doesn’t help out the full back nearly enough

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.