Sheffield Wednesday thread 20/21

Zabbasbeard

Team supported
Manchester City
Big win for Wednesday tonight at Bournemouth. So pleased for all my Wednesdayite mates. Wednesday were the better team in the 1st half but Bournemouth hit back after a daft foul by Sam Hutchinson gifted the home side a pen. It seemed like it would be draw with the Wednesday under the cosh but one good move and a Jordan Rhodes 89th minute strike won it. They had to hang on for more than the 5 minutes of added time with Westwood making a crucial save . Caretaker boss Nigel Thompson is getting the best out of them where the toxic Gary Monk and anti-football Pulis were failing. The Owls are 3 points off safety now with a game in hand though Rotherham who are 2 points behind in 2nd bottom have two games in hand. Wednesday might as well keep Thompson in charge though Lord knows what the crackpot owner will do. He's a law unto himself. Good luck to them anyway.

Last edited:
Ooooh we have our own thread :)

Fantastic result tonight, especially after all drama going off behind the scenes.

Not signing a striker on Monday left a lot of Wednesdayites disappointed and reluctantly accepting League 1 football next season (we are the lowest scorers in the league) and ever since the summer have needed some one up top.

Wasn't sure about Hutchinson coming back but at CB rather than in MF seems to suit him a lot better.

The lad did say we'd win (I laughed at him as I'm a pessimist)

Need to back it up with a result at The New Den at the weekend

Hope you stay up.

Just moved in retirement to Hillsborough (for the pubs as much as a shorter trip to the Etihad), and would watch Wednesday if City not playing when proper football returns.

There was a sour atmosphere in home end at Cup last March, but it's a great club.

Fantastic result tonight, especially after all drama going off behind the scenes.

Not signing a striker on Monday left a lot of Wednesdayites disappointed and reluctantly accepting League 1 football next season (we are the lowest scorers in the league) and ever since the summer have needed some one up top.

Wasn't sure about Hutchinson coming back but at CB rather than in MF seems to suit him a lot better.

So you should have your own thread!

If all those clubs that we hate have one, why not have one for a club that quite a few of us like.

Listened to the 2nd half on Radio Sheff (lived in Sheff many years and still work there now) and sounded like you were under the cosh after a good first half. Rhodes coukd have made it 2-0 then what was Hutchinson thinking of?

Good win. I see Bournemouth have just sacked their boss (last night was the 4th straight loss for them).

It seemed weird Wednesday being the underdogs in that match. Hopefully it will give your boys confidence at help build that momentum. They've got to stick with Thompson for now surely?

I hope that lack of a striker doesn't come back to bite you. Good luck for the rest of the season. Will be taking more than a passing interest.

Think Wednesday should keep Thompson for the rest of the season? It can't hurt.

I hope you're enjoying the pigs' suffering.

So you should have your own thread!

If all those clubs that we hate have one, why not have one for a club that quite a few of us like.

Listened to the 2nd half on Radio Sheff (lived in Sheff many years and still work there now) and sounded like you were under the cosh after a good first half. Rhodes coukd have made it 2-0 then what was Hutchinson thinking of?

Good win. I see Bournemouth have just sacked their boss (last night was the 4th straight loss for them).

It seemed weird Wednesday being the underdogs in that match. Hopefully it will give your boys confidence at help build that momentum. They've got to stick with Thompson for now surely?

I hope that lack of a striker doesn't come back to bite you. Good luck for the rest of the season. Will be taking more than a passing interest.
I think with Thompson we should just leave it as it is, players clearly like playing for him. Not sure what a new man would give especially as it's likely to be a "Foreign Who?"

Feels like the 12th coming of Jordan Rhodes, every time he scores we think this could be the spark he needs to be the striker he used to be, unfortunately there has been too many false dawns.

Think Wednesday should keep Thompson for the rest of the season? It can't hurt.

I hope you're enjoying the pigs' suffering.
I agree m8

If we weren't having a car crash of a season watching Utd crash & burn would be great but feels a little hollow when we have been so bad.

Would love to have the Steel City Derby back next season

City fans would have been proud of me on Tuesday, we've just taken 3 points at a game we (I) expected to get bummed and I'm more bothered about ranting @ Martial for diving.

The lad had to tell me to calm down :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.