Sheffield Wednesday thread 20/21

Had a soft spot for Wednesday from when Ron Springett was their GK and I was a primary school kid playing in goal.

Was working in Sheffield a few years ago and blagged a ticket to a Bramall Lane game. Made me feel dirty, though, watching a team called United playing in red. Not to worry; they got hammered 4-0.

As an amusing aside, the fanatical ST holder who lent me his ticket had two daughters, each with the middle name Blade. WTF?

Dear me

Sheffield Wednesday?
2001 I had just started seeing a very nice lady and she had no interest in football whatsoever - her Dad was a blue, her brothers all sly sports rags. On the day that we were due to play at Hillsborough she wanted to go to The trafford centre as she had never been. So being a daft twat I cried off the game, got dogs abuse off my mates, as we got off the bus the driver had his radio on and I asked him if there was any score to which he gleefully replied that City were one down already! My mood darkened and I walked around the shops with a proper kite on me. Didn’t know what was going on for the whole game. Finally found out that we had won 6-2 when we got home and Ali B had given a master class. Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Then I found out that my two mates had been lifted for getting caught with a bottle of whisky inside the ground! So the whole day was a mixed bag.
Your place is the only Lancashire/Yorkshire ground I have still never been too - bizarre as I have been to the other Sheffield ground a few times and I have even been to The Crucible!
By the way, the Lady? We’ve been married 17 years in September and she’s been a City season ticket holder for the last 15.
Sheffield Wednesday? Get your shit together you belong at the top.

@West Yorks Owl
Right, not sure if you have seen the news but apparently God is a City fan. This morning I had a word with him and he has promised that you will stay up, mainly because that will leave one relegation spot free and he wants Derby County to have it.

No need to thank me.

Sheffield Wednesday?
2001 I had just started seeing a very nice lady and she had no interest in football whatsoever - her Dad was a blue, her brothers all sly sports rags. On the day that we were due to play at Hillsborough she wanted to go to The trafford centre as she had never been. So being a daft twat I cried off the game, got dogs abuse off my mates, as we got off the bus the driver had his radio on and I asked him if there was any score to which he gleefully replied that City were one down already! My mood darkened and I walked around the shops with a proper kite on me. Didn’t know what was going on for the whole game. Finally found out that we had won 6-2 when we got home and Ali B had given a master class. Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Then I found out that my two mates had been lifted for getting caught with a bottle of whisky inside the ground! So the whole day was a mixed bag.
Your place is the only Lancashire/Yorkshire ground I have still never been too - bizarre as I have been to the other Sheffield ground a few times and I have even been to The Crucible!
By the way, the Lady? We’ve been married 17 years in September and she’s been a City season ticket holder for the last 15.
Sheffield Wednesday? Get your shit together you belong at the top.

Thanks m8, I remember that game very well, if only each half was 10 mins long :)
@West Yorks Owl
Right, not sure if you have seen the news but apparently God is a City fan. This morning I had a word with him and he has promised that you will stay up, mainly because that will leave one relegation spot free and he wants Derby County to have it.

No need to thank me.
Direct line to god awesome, thanks m8 we owe you one;)

Darren Moore appointed as new Wednesday manager this morning. Did a fair job at West Brom and was up there fir promotion when harshly sacked after a few dodgy results. Did a great job for Donny Rovers with them 6th in very competitive division - gutted for the Rovers fans I know but pleased for Wednesdayite mates. Wednesday are 6 points off safety but he can turn them round. If not, this season then certainly next. Good motivator and organiser. Cracking appointment in my view.

What do you think? Wednesdayites, can he save you? Hope so.

Last edited:
Darren Moore appointed as new Wednesday manager this morning. Did a fair job at West Brom and was up there fir promotion when harshly sacked after a few dodgy results. Did a great job for Donny Rovers with them 6th in very competitive division - gutted for the Rovers fans I know but pleased for Wednesdayite mates. Wednesday are 6 points off safety but he can turn them round. If not, this season then certainly next. Good motivator and organiser. Cracking appointment in my view.

What do you think? Wednesdayites, can he save you? Hope so.
I don’t think the problem is the manager I think it’s the loon at the top :( Moore is more than capable of doing a good job there but will he be allowed to do it ????? I hate to say it because I like Wednesday but maybe if they did drop then Chansiri May have to sell up

I don’t think the problem is the manager I think it’s the loon at the top :( Moore is more than capable of doing a good job there but will he be allowed to do it ????? I hate to say it because I like Wednesday but maybe if they did drop then Chansiri May have to sell up
Moore is a great appointment tbf but as you say, Wednesday’s problems run a lot deeper. He should at least get a tune out of a squad which on paper at least shouldn’t be down there where they are

Totally agree. Chansiri hasn't got a clue how to run a football club. It's a complete mess. He initially thought throwing money at it would get them into the Prem but then fell foul of FFP. Moore will at least get the best out of the players with his nous and positive personality. If they stay up though Chansiri will still believe he can take them up but even a good manager and coach like Moore will struggle if Chansiri can't or won't invest and run the club properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.