Sheikh Mansour knighted?

Was just browsing wikipedia and noticed it says he was made "Honorary Knight Commander of The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" in 2013.

Can't see any media reports from that time but he is listed here (http://www.leighrayment.com/knights/knightshon.htm) along with a few other members of the Al Nahyan family.

Anyway thought it was interesting but strange how it's seemingly gone under the radar. It does show the close links he has with the UK and can only be good for the club.

Was it ever mentioned on here? Couldn't find anything from a search hence starting this thread.

You have to remember it was a British protectorate until 1971 when we could no longer afford to adminster and protect the area so we buggered off, also quite ammusing that just after independance they found load more after oil, a year or 2 earlier and who knows it may still be a overseas territory( though highly unlikely).

The UK has had links with the royal family for nearly 50 years so giving honorary knighthood to them seems par of the course.

Not that those that want to slag us care, tge queen could buy us and they would still give us shit.

Well if i ever bump into him in Aldi or where ever, i’m going to kiss his feet!
Can't really picture him in trackie bottoms (tucked into his socks, obviously) and a Burberry baseball cap somehow!

For the benefit of all you Aldi shoppers (of which I am one); I AM JOKING!!!!!!!

Can't really picture him in trackie bottoms (tucked into his socks, obviously) and a Burberry baseball cap somehow!

For the benefit of all you Aldi shoppers (of which I am one); I AM JOKING!!!!!!!

Is Aldi like a Waitrose then ? Groceries etc ?

Is Aldi like a Waitrose then ? Groceries etc ?
Yeah; a supermarket chain. It sells a lot of own brand stuff, and there tends to be a fair bit of snobbery when people talk about it. In my opinion, their meat, veg and dairy products are excellent. Also, they sell a lot of more obscure beers, lagers and wines but, again, some of them are very good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldi

The key here is honorary. Lots of royals are made honorary members of the top old boys clubs in other countries. Its just a nice way of saying 'we're bros' in royal slang and means they get to wear all sorts of fancy regalia on their military uniforms.

That or he built a gym or something. All the sports facilities at RAF Cranwell were funded by middle eastern royalty, Sultan Qaboos and Sheikh Hamid, expect they got some form of title in return.

You have to remember it was a British protectorate until 1971 when we could no longer afford to adminster and protect the area so we buggered off, also quite ammusing that just after independance they found load more after oil, a year or 2 earlier and who knows it may still be a overseas territory( though highly unlikely).

The UK has had links with the royal family for nearly 50 years so giving honorary knighthood to them seems par of the course.

Not that those that want to slag us care, tge queen could buy us and they would still give us shit.
we buggered off because the Sheik was an honorary Knight who said "ni"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.