Shellfish

I’ve recently discovered that (in all likelihood - and I’m getting this checked out later this week) I’m allergic to shellfish. I get a red blotch on my arms, which seems to be connected to its consumption, which is a shame, but not a disaster. I view it as an occasional treat, rather then a regular staple.

I love crab and clam, really like lobster and mussels, and like scallops. The rest I can take or leave.

Edit: I would have included oysters in the take or leave category, until I had chargrilled oysters in New Orleans last year. Fucking amazing.

it's the standard test for Raggery - feed 'em shellfish and if they come out with a red blotch . . . . . . ! Game's up, G!

Loved the crab cakes as well as the clam chowder at Legal Seafoods in Boston. Wonder if @SebastianBlue has ever been there and if it’s still as good as it was in 2005!
Legal is great, but the next time you are here, if I am still in Boston (planning to move back as soon as possible) I’ll have to take you to the best seafood on this side of the USA.

I actually prefer crab over lobster. But they are both top scoff.
Last time I got oysters from a supermarket the label said 'must be cooked before scoffing' (or something like that)
I asked wtf?
I was told it was 'elf n safety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.