Shellfish

Absolutely love any kind of shellfish, we dont eat enough of it in this country considering most of what we harvest ends up in France or Spain. Even got 2 lobster pots ready and waiting in the shed for later this year.
Do you need a licence to wang a couple of pots out? I have thought about it a couple of times when on the coast fishing.

Do you need a licence to wang a couple of pots out? I have thought about it a couple of times when on the coast fishing.
Depends how much you're catching here, anything to 5 crabs and a lobster a day is allowed.

Don't think it's specified. Maybe for commercial there is.
Pretty sure there is commercially mate.
Last time I got both live ones was on a sea trout fishing week in Northumberland years ago.
A mate brought em from the harbour and gave em me to cook.
He showed me how to dispatch them. The point of a knife through the lobster carapace and a bloody big screwdriver rammed into the crabs gob.
I always thought they were just chucked into boiling water live.

Pretty sure there is commercially mate.
Last time I got both live ones was on a sea trout fishing week in Northumberland years ago.
A mate brought em from the harbour and gave em me to cook.
He showed me how to dispatch them. The point of a knife through the lobster carapace and a bloody big screwdriver rammed into the crabs gob.
I always thought they were just chucked into boiling water live.
You can cook them live, it's messy though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.