Shirley Williams RIP

I briefly worked on the visitor info desk at the Imperial War Museum (the London one) after I graduated. One day we had a big event with a lot of important visitors - I think it might have been the opening of the big WW1 exhibition we had, which Gordon Brown came to - first thing in the morning. Later in the morning as all the guests were leaving this little old lady comes up to me and says 'excuse me, do you know what bus goes to Westminster Palace?' or words to that effect. It was Baroness Williams, of course. I'm not saying there's anything spectactular about her getting a bus, rather than a taxi or whatever, but it just struck an unpretentious note that I appreciated. (And she was a lot politer than some of the ordinary visitors).

Very sad, always seemed caring and decent proper politician .Also Her mother wrote “ A testament of youth” - Vera Brittan. RIP Shirley .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.