Shoe Shine Andy (Rochdale)

Ricster

Read a post about this man yesterday and thought I'd put a post up here cos i believe in my opinion, what is happening to this man is wrong.

I'm led to believe that Andy is a homeless man that has decided to try and better his life by doing free shoe shine on the streets of Rochdale.
For those that have lived in Rochdale or visited the town will know that its isnt the most afluent area in the NW. So having a free shoe shine service is a great idea and if you want to donate to the man you can. Andy doesn't ask for a wage, he merely see's himself as habing a positive effect on not just the community but himself.

Now enter Rochdale council who is now hassling Andy. They continually harrass and cause this man anxiety. He is being slowly but surely pressured to go back to the hole he crawled from as the council believe a man that isn't charging for a service should be paying a vendor's licence.

Surely people that are trying to better their lives should be the people we are lining up to help, instead as human's we cant help but live in the past and judge on the past. Yep Andy probably has a chequered past and has made some mistakes.

I suppose im putting this out there in the hope something can be done to help Andy.

Anyway here is Andy

It's not me.
Seen him begging outside the pubs a few times though.
Looks a bit like the guy that climbed on top of the Gracie Fields statue for a bet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.