Shoot/Match-Four Four Two

Crouchinho

Team supported
Tottenham Hotspur
Does anybody still buy these magazines? I had hundreds down the years of Shoot and Match then as I got older I used to get given the Four Four Two for free. Not bought a magazine in many years now though

Crouchinho said:
Does anybody still buy these magazines? I had hundreds down the years of Shoot and Match then as I got older I used to get given the Four Four Two for free. Not bought a magazine in many years now though
As you get older, you tend to move on to, er, different magazines. Apparently. According to my mate.

Crouchinho said:

I remember being a young teenager and not being able to see my proper wallpaper because I had made new wallpaper out of all the posters from Shoot & Match. You properly couldn't see any wall!

I also remember going to Secondary School armed with my Shoot mag & selling a Manchester Utd team poster from it to a fellow classmate for £3, despite the fact the magazine only cost 50p and there was loads left in the shop! :-D

With online blogs, twitter, improved club websites, bbc sport, sky sports news, I wonder what effect these have had on football publications.

I had a subscription for SHOOT for donkeys years,you are the ref,the divison ladders and colour pictures;were the best bits,the worst was the QA session in which you would find out that a majority of footballers loved George Benson,Luther Van Dross and Alexander O'Neill.

jimharri said:
Crouchinho said:
As you get older, you tend to move on to, er, different magazines. Apparently. According to my mate.

Readers Digest?!

-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:17 pm --

GunnerGer said:
Crouchinho said:

I remember being a young teenager and not being able to see my proper wallpaper because I had made new wallpaper out of all the posters from Shoot & Match. You properly couldn't see any wall!

I also remember going to Secondary School armed with my Shoot mag & selling a Manchester Utd team poster from it to a fellow classmate for £3, despite the fact the magazine only cost 50p and there was loads left in the shop! :-D

lol, that could have potentially been a nice little earner if you kept on doing it<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm --<br /><br />
foxy said:
With online blogs, twitter, improved club websites, bbc sport, sky sports news, I wonder what effect these have had on football publications.

Shoot's circulation hit a high of 120,000 copies per week in 1996. It changed to a monthly magazine in 2001, selling in excess of 33,000 copies a month.

I used to love the League Ladders that came free with Shoot! every year at the end of July / early August

I religiously updated them every Sunday, using the tables in whichever paper my dad bought that day.

Crouchinho said:

I buy them everytime I get on a plane from Toronto airport then give them away when I get back. I'll be buying it next thursday on my way to Punta Cana and I'll pass it to you when you buy me a pint ; )

Yeah had Shoot as a kid and (as mentioned) loved the football league ladders but always gave up after like 3 games..... too much hard work.
FourFourTwo I would buy when going on holidays. The only time I'd get to read it from end to end.
I also subscribed to When Saturday Comes (is it still going??) from about issue 12 in the late 80's right up until moving 2 and a half years ago. To be honest, should have stopped the subscription a couple of years before - just felt it was changing from being ''about the fans'' to having player interviews and other mainstream articles - but out of sentimental reasons kept getting it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.