Shoplifting

Sometimes I blame the shops for making it too easy, for instance you can go in shops where they have small £50 bottles of perfume on open display...just asking for trouble.

There's a lot to be said for the Saudi Arabian system where they cut your hands off if you nick a Mars bar, they won't do it again, but even then they can use their teeth. :)

Also, a good percentage of "shrinkage" is carried out by shop staff.

Is there anyone on here that can honestly say they have never taken anything, even a pencil from work?

Serious question.

Yeah me - I have been given stuff by work. Never taken anything. When I left a place in 2017 I kept their copier/fax and screen etc but that was because they said they didn't want me to send them back due to the cost of postage/courier. I'd never jeopardise a job paying say £40k + for a pack of 5 biros costing £1

My missus clocked a guy blatantly stealing in Morrisons and mentioned it to the check-out woman. 'Oh, yes,' she said, 'he comes in most days. He's banned from coming in, but he still comes. Been to court a few times, but he keeps coming back.'

Some of this shoplifting is down to genuine poverty, in fairness, but we all end up paying for it via increased prices, and that includes the honest poor who have SFA but don't steal.

How you stop it, I have no idea. Society is sick.

I used to work in a 7-Eleven in Vernon and we had a huge issue with shoplifting at one point.

There are a lot of homeless and druggies in the area and was a constant battle dealing with them. I could see them putting items down their pants yet when I asked for it back they would get aggressive with me.

The other thing that pissed me off is that whilst I don’t agree with it, I can understand a hungry homeless person trying to steal a sandwich but it was the arrogant nuts that tried to steal Häagen Dazs or other premium products just for the fun of it.

Politely asked a woman for the tub I’d seen her put in her bag she walked away trying to leave the store so followed her, repeating the request to hand it back. Se said I’m calling my boyfriend to which I replied Why? So he can come and steal from us as well.

I’d cut off a hand for the first offensive and both for the second, simple as
I’d happily be a amputator for a living. Would be proper satisfying!

“Good afternoon, Sir. I see you’re in for flashing at kids in a playground. Please put your cock and balls on the table for me and I’ll have them off before you can say ‘genitalia’!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.