Should City open City Square for the EFL Cup Final

Shouldcity opened up city square for the leguue cup final on a first come first served ticket option

• Yes but I wouldn't go

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Yes and would go

Votes: 41 30.1%
  • No not at all, crazy idea

Votes: 52 38.2%
  • Yes but only if alcohol wasn't sold

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
I'd be more inclined to attend that then go to Wembley and City would likely be open to it but they'd never get permission

Wembley is a sports stadium, city square is a open food court/beer garden exactly like those that opened yesterday nationwide.
Sure but how may turning up, not set up for social distancing. I share your frustrations but just think it wouldn’t work at moment.

Sure but how may turning up, not set up for social distancing. I share your frustrations but just think it wouldn’t work at moment.

That is why I said wouldd have to be ticketed

Attachments

• 200813074413-restricted-01-social-distanced-music-festival-intl-scli-0811-full-169.jpg
    200813074413-restricted-01-social-distanced-music-festival-intl-scli-0811-full-169.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I think the League Cup is probably too soon, but if we get to either of the cup finals I think it could be a real possibility.

While we are on the subject, does anyone know anywhere in Manchester/Levenshulme (or surrounding areas) where pubs do have an outdoor space with a screen?
Be nice if we get to FA and or CL finals the club open the ground up applying the latest COVID rules to such occasions, might be able to host 20k by May. That way the crowd are controlled and can be policed/stewarded. I’m all for a big piss up in city square, but can see this turning into a mess quite quickly, and then provide everyone with a feeding frenzy, can see it now . We win CL and only media coverage is about Crowd Behaviour blah blah, and the result only appears in the Stop Press Column in the MEN (might be showing my age with the last comment)

Be nice if we get to FA and or CL finals the club open the ground up applying the latest COVID rules to such occasions, might be able to host 20k by May. That way the crowd are controlled and can be policed/stewarded. I’m all for a big piss up in city square, but can see this turning into a mess quite quickly, and then provide everyone with a feeding frenzy, can see it now . We win CL and only media coverage is about Crowd Behaviour blah blah, and the result only appears in the Stop Press Column in the MEN (might be showing my age with the last comment)
Decent point, well made. Much more likely that they'd assign socially distanced seats and do some big screens dotted round the pitch/ground. We'll see, I guess - have to get there first!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.