Should Class A drugs be legalised in UK

What would all the criminals do? I can't see them picking cabbages in a field all day.
The drugs trade has recently been relegated to the underworld’s #2 biggest money maker and biggest operation after being #1 for a good few decades.

People trafficking is now #1.

The drugs trade has recently been relegated to the underworld’s #2 biggest money maker and biggest operation after being #1 for a good few decades.

People trafficking is now #1.
fuck that, I couldn’t fit them in my dodgy partition on my boat.

It's a no from me.

Enough problems in society with addiction already.
And those problems need addressing.

I live in a totally different world to you Bill. In mine i see petty, not so petty, and violent crime every day. At the bottom of the pile and the start of the day i see anti-social behaviour, begging, mithering people at cash machines, rough sleepers getting up and smackheads going to score.
By dinner time the shoplifters have started work and most shop staff have had some sort of abuse. The drunks are usually about now, roaming the streets shouting at people or fresh air.
By the time i get to the pub after work around 3pm there's usually a 'family' or two in getting pissed while their kids run around screaming. The charlie comes out around 5ish.

This is an average day in my town and all of that behaviour stems from drug addiction, and more specifically, heroin and alcohol addiction.

My fear isn't strictly drug use going up. It's unsafe drug use going up. Cocaine is the least problematic of the class A drugs in my eyes.

Trust me, the other stuff is a lot scarier and so much easier to misuse than cocaine. These drugs mess with your body and mind way more than coke ever could. You can't trust the general population with this stuff.
coke is much worse for your body than heroin.

Wouldn't that mean that doctors would have to prescribe the stuff for medical reasons?

That seems like quite a distance from those who use most class A's now.

It would mean that they can get targeted treatment for there addiction, maybe helping them move to something less dangerous to ween them off like Methadone etc. It also clears up things like HIV from shared needles etc.

While removing the need for them to go out and mug people for there next fix and allowing safe ( not cut with rat poison etc )and controlled doses to reduce overdose's and accidental deaths. it would also remove the need for dealers so they disappear in the most part eventually.

In the grand scheme of things tho this would probably only help existing users. there is no way the NHS could in good conscious give these hard drugs to people that just wanted to try them. thats a bit of a catch 22. But hopefully, if you removed the demand from dealers they wouldn't have it to sell as much and that in turn would reduce the number of users having to use the NHS for help.

Portugal has already done something along these lines very successfully so its not an unproven theory. Just needs working out in a way that would fit the NHS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.