Should Class A drugs be legalised in UK

The simple fact is there are more drugs being used up and down the country today by all age groups and all walks of life than there ever has been before.
The only people getting rich off it are the dealers whilst it's costing the country millions and millions and millions in their 'war' with drugs.
Well that war was lost fucking ages ago so now is the time to bite the bullet and make them legal, controlled and profitable for the right people.

I might have answered differently a few years ago..

Well, the 'War on Drugs' certainly isn't getting won.

Am currently reading Roberto Saviano's ZeroZeroZero which is about the worldwide trade in cocaine. It will be interesting to see what he has to say about this question. Saviano's view is that this global industry is reflective of and expresses the worst excesses of capitalism. It's an intriguing if not entirely convincing thesis.

The other book I would recommend for anyone who wants to explore this territory is David Simon's The Corner, which looks at how the US drugs policy has failed spectacularly.
Seen the t.v show. It's the prequel to The Wire and it's very good, as is everything that David Simon does.

A big yes for me despite never touching a class A drug or even cannabis in my life. I pretty much agree word for word with what grunge said.

A great book to read on this topic is Good Cop Bad War by ex undercover cop Neil Woods.

Absolutely not with Class A drugs.

Stuff like weed, yeah whatever. I'd love for it to be legalised. Even some Class B stuff too, whatever.

But Class A drugs can so easily be misused. So, so easily. You just can't trust the general public to be safe with this stuff. Especially here in the UK. People can't even be trusted to drink responsibly. Introducing heavy-duty stimulants, opiates, psychedelics, cocaine etc to the general public is not going to go well. People are going to abuse that shit. People are going to go out in public on that shit. People are going to try and drive on that shit. People are going to combine their drug use into a death cocktail (especially with good old booze involved in the decision making process)

Yeah it's possible to be safe and responsible on these drugs. Easily in fact if you know what you're doing. But you can't trust people to do that on a large scale, and that's why I can't support the stronger stuff being made more readily available.

It's not too difficult to get hold of Class A stuff these days but it still requires some effort and knowhow to some extent, which restricts the potential for irresponsible use to a very small number compared to what it could be.

Crime wouldn't go down massively with drug control. Gangs would just move on to something else.

Stuff like weed, yeah whatever. I'd love for it to be legalised. Even some Class B stuff too, whatever.

But Class A drugs can so easily be misused. So, so easily. You just can't trust the general public to be safe with this stuff. Especially here in the UK. People can't even be trusted to drink responsibly. Introducing heavy-duty stimulants, opiates, psychedelics, cocaine etc to the general public is not going to go well. People are going to abuse that shit. People are going to go out in public on that shit. People are going to try and drive on that shit. People are going to combine their drug use into a death cocktail (especially with good old booze involved in the decision making process)

Yeah it's possible to be safe and responsible on these drugs. Easily in fact if you know what you're doing. But you can't trust people to do that on a large scale, and that's why I can't support the stronger stuff being made more readily available.

It's not too difficult to get hold of Class A stuff these days but it still requires some effort and knowhow to some extent, which restricts the potential for irresponsible use to a very small number compared to what it could be.

Crime wouldn't go down massively with drug control. Gangs would just move on to something else.
People are taking it in their droves and most of it is stamped on from start to finish in order to maximise profit so the end user ends up getting a product which contains all sorts of shite that is far more harmful than the actual cocaine.
If it was a small issue with few people taking it then you'd have a valid argument. As it stands the horse has long since bolted so the decision needs to be made wherever governments are happy to throw billions at a problem they can't solve or make billions by legalising and controlling to a degree what people end up using.

Move on to something else like what? Robbing banks? There is nothing they can earn the kind of money they can through drugs that could ever come close without being easily caught.

Nobody is suggesting we start advertising Class A’s during the adverts of the footy. As it currently stands it’s easier for kids to get hold of drugs than tobacco and alcohol (14/15 year olds I mean). What’s been proven over time in countries like Switzerland and Portugal that legalising drugs has seen a decrease in drug addiction not increase and that’s a fact.

As for crime going down we’re not talking about the lovely drug dealers we’re talking about the addicts who commit an absolutely huge majority of crimes in the country and keep popping in and out of prison. They still get their hit in prison, don’t get treatment for their problem. Their drug debts just get higher( pardon the pun) whilst inside meaning once they get out again they have little choice but to commit crimes to pay off their debts. The cycle then all starts again. It’s mental how brainwashed people have become after years of propaganda to the point it’s hard to even have a rational debate with most people about a system that has been failing for years.

People are taking it in their droves and most of it is stamped on from start to finish in order to maximise profit so the end user ends up getting a product which contains all sorts of shite that is far more harmful than the actual cocaine.
If it was a small issue with few people taking it then you'd have a valid argument. As it stands the horse has long since bolted so the decision needs to be made wherever governments are happy to throw billions at a problem they can't solve or make billions by legalising and controlling to a degree what people end up using.
It's all good as it as far as I'm concerned. Making the most powerful drugs more readily available is going to be more harmful on a wider scale. There are just as many dangers in taking the purer stuff as there is with taking the purely cut stuff.

It's irresponsible to grant the general population access to this stuff. Even if they take it in their droves now, it's a tiny percentage compared to what it'd be if the gates were opened.

Move on to something else like what? Robbing banks? There is nothing they can earn the kind of money they can through drugs that could ever come close without being easily caught.

Nobody is suggesting we start advertising Class A’s during the adverts of the footy. As it currently stands it’s easier for kids to get hold of drugs than tobacco and alcohol (14/15 year olds I mean). What’s been proven over time in countries like Switzerland and Portugal that legalising drugs has seen a decrease in drug addiction not increase and that’s a fact.

As for crime going down we’re not talking about the lovely drug dealers we’re talking about the addicts who commit an absolutely huge majority of crimes in the country and keep popping in and out of prison. They still get their hit in prison, don’t get treatment for their problem. Their drug debts just get higher( pardon the pun) whilst inside meaning once they get out again they have little choice but to commit crimes to pay off their debts. The cycle then all starts again. It’s mental how brainwashed people have become after years of propaganda to the point it’s hard to even have a rational debate with most people about a system that has been failing for years.
I don't give a shit about the crime. I care about public safety and trust me, the general public can't handle this stuff safely.

You said in your post you've never touched drugs. Well I have, and I know full well what they can do in the wrong hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.