Should Class A drugs be legalised in UK

It would mean that they can get targeted treatment for there addiction, maybe helping them move to something less dangerous to ween them off like Methadone etc. It also clears up things like HIV from shared needles etc.

While removing the need for them to go out and mug people for there next fix and allowing safe ( not cut with rat poison etc )and controlled doses to reduce overdose's and accidental deaths. it would also remove the need for dealers so they disappear in the most part eventually.

In the grand scheme of things tho this would probably only help existing users. there is no way the NHS could in good conscious give these hard drugs to people that just wanted to try them. thats a bit of a catch 22. But hopefully, if you removed the demand from dealers they wouldn't have it to sell as much and that in turn would reduce the number of users having to use the NHS for help.

Portugal has already done something along these lines very successfully so its not an unproven theory. Just needs working out in a way that would fit the NHS.

Thanks - I was confused by a comment chain that I read to mean the NHS would oversee it all.

I agree - it's the non-NHS stuff that would be the issue that needs addressing somehow, and I'm not sure our governments have the backbone to take the risk of it all going wrong.

Legalising it would not solve the problems that easily. Heroin users will want a stronger and cheaper batch than what would be dispensed to them. These dirty baghead fuckers also top up their fix of heroin with other drugs, like subutex. That will continue and so the black market will always thrive. Its important to remember as well there are presently methadone programmes available, albeit a very tough and elongated process to get on. Not that many stick with it and because they are tested for heroin in order to remain on it they take other opiate drugs like black market painkillers. For some reason they seem to love pregablin in my long experience of these cunts. Legalising it would not change any of that and the prices of the other stuff they take will rise and criminality expand around the supply of those.

In respect of cocaine, I cant think of a world in which that is dispensed legally. Who needs it? There are addicts to it, but relatively speaking compared to filthy baghead heroin heads they are few. There is no way that someone is going to be able to go to a pharmacy and ask for a couple of grams of cocaine.
Hello can I buy some Charlie please?
For what reason?
Well Im a pretentious prick who wants to be cool and sniff it while Im out tonight/ I have a chip on my shoulder and want to feel temporarily like Superman while Im out tonight/ all the other people in the gym use it and I want to be like them.
Have you considered the damage that people coked up and thinking they are indestructible do when pissed up?
Yeah, but fuck it.
Ok, enjoy.

Never a million years

Debate starting on this soon on Radio 5. Not actually started yet but 2 coppers have text in saying what currently happens is a waste of time and drugs should be available at clinics to actually help the users and take a lot of crime off the streets.

Mo
Legalising it would not solve the problems that easily. Heroin users will want a stronger and cheaper batch than what would be dispensed to them. These dirty baghead fuckers also top up their fix of heroin with other drugs, like subutex. That will continue and so the black market will always thrive. Its important to remember as well there are presently methadone programmes available, albeit a very tough and elongated process to get on. Not that many stick with it and because they are tested for heroin in order to remain on it they take other opiate drugs like black market painkillers. For some reason they seem to love pregablin in my long experience of these cunts. Legalising it would not change any of that and the prices of the other stuff they take will rise and criminality expand around the supply of those.

In respect of cocaine, I cant think of a world in which that is dispensed legally. Who needs it? There are addicts to it, but relatively speaking compared to filthy baghead heroin heads they are few. There is no way that someone is going to be able to go to a pharmacy and ask for a couple of grams of cocaine.
Hello can I buy some Charlie please?
For what reason?
Well Im a pretentious prick who wants to be cool and sniff it while Im out tonight/ I have a chip on my shoulder and want to feel temporarily like Superman while Im out tonight/ all the other people in the gym use it and I want to be like them.
Have you considered the damage that people coked up and thinking they are indestructible do when pissed up?
Yeah, but fuck it.
Ok, enjoy.

Never a million years
Most heroin addicts have mental health issues or have been abused and in a way are self medicating from trauma.

In your opinion they’re all horrible and shouldn’t be helped though. Even with that attitude it’s still costing the country a fortune and lining the pockets of scum.

Could do with re-legalising a bit of this...Dr John Collis Browne's famous mixture...good for what ails ya..

its principal ingredients were a mixture of laudanum (an alcoholic solution of opium), tincture of cannabis, and chloroform, it readily lived up to its claims of relieving pain, as a sedative, and for the treatment of diarrhea.

Mo

Most heroin addicts have mental health issues or have been abused and in a way are self medicating from trauma.

In your opinion they’re all horrible and shouldn’t be helped though. Even with that attitude it’s still costing the country a fortune and lining the pockets of scum.
Legalising heroin will not help anybody's mental health problems

It would mean that they can get targeted treatment for there addiction, maybe helping them move to something less dangerous to ween them off like Methadone etc. It also clears up things like HIV from shared needles etc.

While removing the need for them to go out and mug people for there next fix and allowing safe ( not cut with rat poison etc )and controlled doses to reduce overdose's and accidental deaths. it would also remove the need for dealers so they disappear in the most part eventually.

In the grand scheme of things tho this would probably only help existing users. there is no way the NHS could in good conscious give these hard drugs to people that just wanted to try them. thats a bit of a catch 22. But hopefully, if you removed the demand from dealers they wouldn't have it to sell as much and that in turn would reduce the number of users having to use the NHS for help.

Portugal has already done something along these lines very successfully so its not an unproven theory. Just needs working out in a way that would fit the NHS.
We used to provide heroin to addicts on the nhs and also give them counselling to get off it.
We had around 3000 heroin addicts in the country when we did that. Then we criminalised it at the behest of the Americans , turned addicts into criminals who had to steal and deal to find their addiction instead - literally forcing them to create new customers - and within twenty years we had over 300,000 addicts along with a monumental increase in violent crime and crime against property.
The war on drugs was lost before it begun.

Legalising heroin will not help anybody's mental health problems
On about offering them treatment and trying to help them. Not keep sending them to prison where they buy drugs at higher prices. Come out with a drug debt, rob etc etc to pay it and end up back in again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.