Should jobs like police officer have fitness levels?

2sheikhs

I saw a couple of coppers yesterday walking around (strange thing in itself) and one of them wasn’t just overweight, he was obese. Don’t they have a minimum standard of fitness? If someone in the shopping centre got robbed or assaulted, there’s no way this bloke could’ve gave chase. Are the police worried that if they were to tell him to get in shape, they’d be in trouble for fat shaming him?

Yes of course they should do. As should firefighters. Stupid thing is that with pension changes in jobs like these the people doing them will also be working to an older age. Do you want a 62 year old firefighter and a 19 stone policeman attending your emergency situation?

I saw a couple of coppers yesterday walking around (strange thing in itself) and one of them wasn’t just overweight, he was obese. Don’t they have a minimum standard of fitness? If someone in the shopping centre got robbed or assaulted, there’s no way this bloke could’ve gave chase. Are the police worried that if they were to tell him to get in shape, they’d be in trouble for fat shaming him?

Probably exactly this. If they dare say anything, it'll be against his human rights, or "it's glandular"..."I'm big boned"

Yes of course they should do. As should firefighters. Stupid thing is that with pension changes in jobs like these the people doing them will also be working to an older age. Do you want a 62 year old firefighter and a 19 stone policeman attending your emergency situation?
yes,62 yo firefighter would have lots of experience,and Anthony Joshua is about 19 stone

Should have given him a kick up the arse and ran off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.