Should jobs like police officer have fitness levels?

You don't have a problem then when a drugged up driver or someone without insurance hits your car or injures you or your loved ones?
Of course I do, have I said anything to suggest otherwise? - I’m pointing out it’s not the war zone you try to paint for all serving police.
Fwiw I think paramedics, health care staff, the fire service etc get very similar conditions to work in and I think it’s disgusting they’re not looked after by the government for doing it - as I am for those in the police. The difference is most would expect those who pursue a career in the police force should expect abuse and threatening behaviour because it sort of comes with the job - by and large you’re arresting folk and trying to lock them up! The other services I’ve mentioned only offer assistance to the same public you serve and still get taken for granted as much as you do.

Of course I do, have I said anything to suggest otherwise? - I’m pointing out it’s not the war zone you try to paint for all serving police.
Fwiw I think paramedics, health care staff, the fire service etc get very similar conditions to work in and I think it’s disgusting they’re not looked after by the government for doing it - as I am for those in the police. The difference is most would expect those who pursue a career in the police force should expect abuse and threatening behaviour because it sort of comes with the job - by and large you’re arresting folk and trying to lock them up! The other services I’ve mentioned only offer assistance to the same public you serve and still get taken for granted as much as you do.
blimey-you have no idea what the job involves..if it isn't helping people I've no idea what it is.

blimey-you have no idea what the job involves..if it isn't helping people I've no idea what it is.
All these people telling us how easy the job is,what should be expected,what great conditions and wage the job offers......yet none of them would/could do it.

Speaks volumes.

It is comparable now-but the job isn't-and for the last 8 years there has been a year on year pay cut.

Tomorrow I will work 13.5 hours (including travelling) and be lucky to get 15 mins break-Can you do that in the private sector?

So benefits are now in line with the private sector? Thanks for clearing that up.

Your point?
I thought that’d be obvious?
A little ironic when you’re telling us
All these people telling us how easy the job is,what should be expected,what great conditions and wage the job offers......yet none of them would/could do it.

Speaks volumes.
When it seems it is actually you who wouldn’t/couldn’t do it.

@Machiavelli what do you actually do? Are you just a professional troll? I don’t think you live or work in the society that these police work in, if you think it’s acceptable to go to work and be spat at, stabbed etc on a low wage, yes it’s low paid and you accept that when you start, however fucking austerity has eroded the wage to a point we’re many public sector workers are on less now than in 2010, that’s why many are leaving, that coupled with the massive increase in workload, you can’t get rid of 20,000 police and not expect the rest to pick up the slack. Personally I’d want double to do their job and even then I’d probably be smacked as I have little time for the lower end of society these days, the scrotes and wasters, many who choose that life. Bert mentions the calibre of people joking well you pay peanuts and get monkeys, people who are desperate for a job, then get fed up and leave.
When a PA gets £28k for answering a phone you have to ask yourself how valued would you feel as a police officer or firefighter/nurse?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.