Should juries be scrapped ?

Re: Should jury's be scrapped ?

To be honest I would rather have judges than 12 people taken at random. Stats say half of them will have below average intelligence.

Having been on a jury, I can say first hand how fucking thick and easily swayed half of them were.

remember arthur mann said:
Never been on a Jury but isn't the outcome a directive from the Judge ?

No it isn't. Except for rare cases such as a mistrial or similar.

SWP's back said:
To be honest I would rather have judges than 12 people taken at random. Stats say half of them will have below average intelligence.

Having been on a jury, I can say first hand how fucking thick and easily swayed half of them were.

quite right mate

How would anybody like to be judged by some blonde orange made up tart who is more interested in her nails & checking her iphone every 10 fucking minutes for facebook updates.............I mean it could happen right ?

At least we don't face the prospect of being judged by bonkers ex-pats - that really would be taking the piss.
I love all this 'I wouldn't like a jury to consist of anyone who isn't as clever as me' logic.
The whole idea of a twelve person jury is that it is supposed to be made up of random folk from as diverse a spectrum of backgrounds as possible, not just MENSA candidates.
Even bright folk have been known to get things wrong on occasion.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
At least we don't face the prospect of being judged by bonkers ex-pats - that really would be taking the piss.
I love all this 'I wouldn't like a jury to consist of anyone who isn't as clever as me' logic.
The whole idea of a twelve person jury is that it is supposed to be made up of random folk from as diverse a spectrum of backgrounds as possible, not just MENSA candidates.
True, just because you may be genius doesn't say you have common sense !

I agree, it's a totally inadequate and corrupt system.

As an alternative, each side should be made to present their case on here in a simple statement. The great judiciary of BM will then decide how high to hang the guilty bastard...

Bring back the ducking stool; if you don't drown you go free.
Ordeal by fire; if you get blisters you're guilty and we burn you alive.
The stocks for minor offences.
You escape the dickheads of jurors and corrupt judiciary.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Funny this. The transfer forum and capital punishment threads should tell you all you need to know about random folk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.