Should Kompany retire from international games?

Dribble

Albeit he was injured at the start of the World Cup, I've been mightily impressed with his performances & fitness. I'm gutted Vinny wasn't given the Captain's armband for today's match, I think it's the very least he deserved.

However, is it now time for Kompany to announce his international retirement & concentrate on Manchester City for his twilight years? I feel the time is nigh & international retirement is long overdue.

you missed out "should" in the title either as a the first word or the third with retire backing it up.

As it is, it is a fake news headline, boo

Vinny can do what he wants. He’s earnt that right. Sometimes he’s got injured during international breaks and at other time he’s got essential match practice to return to our first team.

I’ve met Vinny and his first loyalty lies with his Country. Exactly how it should be.

The guy is a legend, as King Vin has said himself....just imagine a 24 year old Vinny under the tutelage of Pep Guardiola......

And then I think......John Stones is a lucky lad and so are we : )

Vinny can do what he wants. He’s earnt that right. Sometimes he’s got injured during international breaks and at other time he’s got essential match practice to return to our first team.

I’ve met Vinny and his first loyalty lies with his Country. Exactly how it should be.
If his first loyalty lies with his country, are City there just to treat him in between internationals?

I've never had the privilege of being a professional footballer, but if I had, my first port of call in the loyalty stakes would be the organisation who hold my registration & pay my wages.

However, it looks like things have moved on... https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-world-cup-kompany-14909743

If his first loyalty lies with his country, are City there just to treat him in between internationals?

I've never had the privilege of being a professional footballer, but if I had, my first port of call in the loyalty stakes would be the organisation who hold my registration & pay my wages.

However, it looks like things have moved on... https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-world-cup-kompany-14909743

Vinny loves City but his Country comes first. Compare that with the scum from OT like Scholes who retired on their Country. Give me Vinny every times.

Of course he should. If he wants to prolong his City career then he needs to sack Belgium off. Don't forget his injury against Gibraltar last year when they were five goals up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.