Should Kompany retire from international games?

Do we think he's got more than one more season with us? If he signs a new contract I think he'll bin them off.

If he goes elsewhere I think he'll carry on with Belguim.

Why should he have had the captain’s armband? Eden Hazard is captain of Belgium. I don’t think Vinny deserves it, if I was his international manager I’d be royally pissed off that I couldn’t select him due to injury.

Vertonghen, Witsel & Courtois also started the game and had previously been captain and Vermaelen was also in the squad. I realise that Vinny was captain for more games than EH and more games than all the other players put together, but, it wasn’t a testimonial.

Why should he have had the captain’s armband? Eden Hazard is captain of Belgium. I don’t think Vinny deserves it, if I was his international manager I’d be royally pissed off that I couldn’t select him due to injury.

Vertonghen, Witsel & Courtois also started the game and had previously been captain and Vermaelen was also in the squad. I realise that Vinny was captain for more games than EH and more games than all the other players put together, but, it wasn’t a testimonial.
Because Hazard is the opposite of what a captain should be. The same goes for Kane.

Because Hazard is the opposite of what a captain should be. The same goes for Kane.

Not all countries/ managers see it like that when choosing a captain. Spain and Brazil and plenty others generally pick their captain based on who is the best player and by seniority through number of caps. Although Vinny made his debut before any other player in the squad there are 5 players ahead of him in caps.
These countries don’t see it the way we do in England whereby we look to an inspirational leader, i.e. someone in the mound of Kompany, and no, I’m not saying that Kane is anywhere near this either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.