Should Noel have played last night?

Heisenberg's Blue Sky

Watching Josh's stream with 85k others online
I dont want to distract from the amazing effort and show last night that brought Manchester together in front of the world and the great comments in the other thread so just as a discussion and some fun debate, should Noel have joined Liam onstage last night?

Im cold light of day I can see both sides of the arguement. As other Blues have said it was bigger than a Oasis reunion but also if this was the time to show Manchester and the world about healing, unity and coming together that was the moment. I fear these brothers will never get past there problems. What do you think fellow Bluemooners?

Not the time and place for a Gallagher brothers reunion. The time and place is when we win the league and on the pitch at the Etihad when we get the trophy.

Not the time and place for a Gallagher brothers reunion. The time and place is when we win the league and on the pitch at the Etihad when we get the trophy.

We've done that twice and Noel turned up
for freeloading. Huge credit to Ariana and Liam and all the other artists who were brilliant.

Would have been a good show of love/unity of Manchester coming together but think it would/could have ended up almost overshadowing the whole event.

Nobody knows whether he was even asked.

As others have said, he couldn't have won really even if he was asked. If he did come on to stage people would have criticised them saying it's all about the Gallagher's egos, because he wasn't there people will say he doesn't care.

Plus the concert was for the victims who are pop fans and not necessarily would be the type of people to go to Oasis. Liam was there to add a bit more of the Manchester vibe to the line up. Whilst Take That are local, they aren't really a part of the Manchester scene like Oasis were. Liam was asked to add that Manc feel to things. However it sounded to me like Bieber got more screams from the teenage girls there. Most 12-15 year old girls don't care if Oasis reunite and that's the type of demographic this was for, who went to the gig on that night a couple of weeks ago.

I just think it really wasn't the time or the place for a Gallagher love in, as much as people on this forum and others at home in Manchester want it.

Having seen many distasteful comments from people on social media labelling Noel a *insert disgusting word here* I don't think they deserved to have him on stage.

This is a free country, and he has his own choices, yet judging from comments you'd think we lived in a dictatorship under sharia law....people demanding he turn up and so on.

If you follow Noel Gallagher you would be aware of his heartfelt comments made last week during a Radio X interview.
He spoke openly and honestly about his views on the attack and you could genuinely see his emotional response to it all... He got to a stage where he was actually welling up.

The event was about the attack, showing solidarity in the aftermath, raising funds for the emergency appeal... It wasn't about "Oasis"

Chris Martin did Noels job fine enough :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.