Should tactical fouls become a red card offence?

I don't see that a definition is required, any foul where the offender clearly makes no attempt to play the ball should always be at least a yellow card offence and occasionally red depending on the situation.

Yup! A foul is a foul is a foul and should be dealt with in an identical manner no matter when or where it is committed.

Mcmannaman, can describe a foul as a professional , clever one , in one sentence, then a minute later describe it as a cynical tactical foul. The eye of the beholder.

Yup! A foul is a foul is a foul and should be dealt with in an identical manner no matter when or where it is committed.
That is something which really pisses me off. A poorly timed or deliberate foul in the first couple of minutes and its always excused by a "too early in the game to get booked"
Do we ever see early goals being ruled out for being scored to quickly!

That is something which really pisses me off. A poorly timed or deliberate foul in the first couple of minutes and its always excused by a "too early in the game to get booked"
Do we ever see early goals being ruled out for being scored to quickly!

But some players do get booked. I think GazBaz got a booking when he was at EFC after two mins. If a foul is deemed to warrant a booking on, say, 75 mins, then it should be deemed appropriate as soon as the whistle is blown. What generally pisses me off is ex-pros spouting on about a match being ruined 'cos the ref sent someone off as required by the LotG.

Rodrigo had one on Saturday and McTominay had one on Sunday, neither was booked. Both were similar challenges, breaking up play when they knew they were behind the ball, but the referee showed leniency.
Jorginho had one too and was described by commentators as "taking one for the team."

But some players do get booked. I think GazBaz got a booking when he was at EFC after two mins. If a foul is deemed to warrant a booking on, say, 75 mins, then it should be deemed appropriate as soon as the whistle is blown. What generally pisses me off is ex-pros spouting on about a match being ruined 'cos the ref sent someone off as required by the LotG.
There is always an exception. It's more than likely he did it thinking he wouldn't get a yellow

Tactical Fouling ? Isn’t it just playing the game of football!

Every single player does it, (the little pull of a shirt, a body check here and there, the little shove, a little tangle of legs, a tap on the boot).
Any player who doesn’t do it, shouldn’t be playing football.
As for our players, they understand the game better than anyone, and know why, when and where to use these “Skills”

Tactical Fouling ? Isn’t it just playing the game of football!

Every single player does it, (the little pull of a shirt, a body check here and there, the little shove, a little tangle of legs, a tap on the boot).
Any player who doesn’t do it, shouldn’t be playing football.
As for our players, they understand the game better than anyone, and know why, when and where to use these “Skills”
When Skrtl was at Liverpool and in a replay he was shown to be taking his studs down a forwards leg the comment was always " the dark arts of defending "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.