Should Tevez contract be extended

greasedupdeafguy said:
It will be a sad day when he does leave truly brilliant player and tbh I would rather see him stay for the 18 months of his contract, leave on a free and help our assault of the title next season than see him leave for 10-15 million next summer.

......plus his approx £10M/year contract!!!

If he is not going to sign a new contract, then the club should try to recoup some of their money. For £25M in transfer fee and wages, you can get at least 1 quality player and, with a few quid extra, you can buy WORLD CLASS! THAT is why clubs buy players in their early/mid-20s, so they have either some decent resale or you get them for two contracts (~7 or 8 years)!

I'm not his biggest fan, but it is sad to see him in his current form. We all know how good he can be, but despite how hard he's trying, he just can get there. He's all fart, no poo.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
I'm not his biggest fan, but it is sad to see him in his current form. We all know how good he can be, but despite how hard he's trying, he just can get there. He's all fart, no poo.
Apart from his lack of goalscoring his overall performances have been brilliant.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Apart from his lack of goalscoring his overall performances have been brilliant.

+1

Also, he is not being used as an out and out striker.

ChicagoBlue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
It will be a sad day when he does leave truly brilliant player and tbh I would rather see him stay for the 18 months of his contract, leave on a free and help our assault of the title next season than see him leave for 10-15 million next summer.

......plus his approx £10M/year contract!!!

If he is not going to sign a new contract, then the club should try to recoup some of their money. For £25M in transfer fee and wages, you can get at least 1 quality player and, with a few quid extra, you can buy WORLD CLASS! THAT is why clubs buy players in their early/mid-20s, so they have either some decent resale or you get them for two contracts (~7 or 8 years)!
I would rather see Balotelli and Dzeko leave get around 30-45 million for them and go all out for Falcao.
Our strikerforce would then be Aguero/Falcao/Tevez/Guidetti
Tevez is more versatile than our other stikers he can play deeper allowing him to play behind Falcao and Falcao he is also still one of the best players in the prem imo. When his contract runs out Guidetti hopefully after having a decent season takes over as 3rd striker.

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think we will ever see the best of Carlos tevez again. I think he peaked as our lone front man for that season or so and his peak fitness and form have gone forever now. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it at the moment

IMO he's better for us now than he was then, he used to chase balls down on his own and become isolated, now he has help. There were a couple of times today when Fulham had the ball, that 3/4 players were pressing and chasing and we soon got it back. Tevez, Clichy, Silva, Zabba and Milner were outstanding today!

I'd lov to see him in a false 9 set up:

Aguero/Dzeko-------------Silva
-----------------Tevez---------
Yaya------------Barry---------Milner

If he wants an extension then give him one year rolling contract, so both club and player have the option to say yes or no at the end of the season. He may not be our top goal scorer, but the guy gives 100% every game, and is everywhere on the field. I would sooner him play his contract out than leave in the summer

MSP said:
It would be perfect if he would accept to play some midfield role, something like Ferguson is trying to turn Rooney to.

With his work rate, technic and vision he'd be top player there. I believe he'd be better there than he is as striker.
we could play him along Silva behind Aguero and Dzeko:
-------Dzeko---------
Tevez--Aguero--Silva
we could try this as Nasri and Silva don't seem to work and this would allow Milner to drop back for RB for the next game or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.