Should Tevez contract be extended

Despite his recent lack of goals he's well worth a starting place if only because he causes the other ream to panic.when he and aguero are together the opponents don't know which one to watch first. Will usually leave the other one free.

Have a feeling he'll be going in the summer if he doesn't want to sign a new contract can't see city keeping him around for next season

waspish said:
Have a feeling he'll be going in the summer if he doesn't want to sign a new contract can't see city keeping him around for next season

I will be fine with that if we get Falcao or Cavani.

Paul11/12 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think we will ever see the best of Carlos tevez again. I think he peaked as our lone front man for that season or so and his peak fitness and form have gone forever now. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it at the moment

IMO he's better for us now than he was then, he used to chase balls down on his own and become isolated, now he has help. There were a couple of times today when Fulham had the ball, that 3/4 players were pressing and chasing and we soon got it back. Tevez, Clichy, Silva, Zabba and Milner were outstanding today!
He carried us almost single handedly and got 30 goals a season 2-3 years ago. He looks a pale shadow of that player, partly because he suited being the lone frontman better, partly because he's never got his full fitness back and partly because he's playing terribly.

I'm starting to think that his first two years with us will turn out to be the highlight of his career.

Not a chance we should renew based on recent performances.

He has clearly lost a yard of pace, not that he was ever fast. I was watching
A goal he scored away vs Fulham from a few seasons ago, he beats 3 men from
The halfway line one two with Bellamy then beats another before scoring.
Can't remember since he came back after his break him doing anything like that,
Get rid now while we can get some cash for him.

Include him in falcao or cavani deal or he will leave for free.
He clearly won't do is any favours and knows weather he performs or not he will get
A free transfer in 18 months.

According to todays media Tevez will definetely be leaving at the end of his contract , in 18 months time ...... and they reckon he's said in an Argentinian interview that he'd rather have turned out for Boca against River Plate yesterday , than for City against Fulham.

As he fears that City are likely to want money for him though , maybe he'll depart early .... probably in next Januarys transfer window .

chrismcfc1 said:
Not a chance we should renew based on recent performances.

He has clearly lost a yard of pace, not that he was ever fast. I was watching
A goal he scored away vs Fulham from a few seasons ago, he beats 3 men from
The halfway line one two with Bellamy then beats another before scoring.
Can't remember since he came back after his break him doing anything like that,
Get rid now while we can get some cash for him.

Include him in falcao or cavani deal or he will leave for free.
He clearly won't do is any favours and knows weather he performs or not he will get
A free transfer in 18 months.
I take it you missed it yesterday then when he knocked the ball past the Fulham right back then totally skinned him, and the 40 yard run when he went right through the Fulham defence and we almost scored

black mamba said:
According to todays media Tevez will definetely be leaving at the end of his contract , in 18 months time ...... and they reckon he's said in an Argentinian interview that he'd rather have turned out for Boca against River Plate yesterday , than for City against Fulham.

As he fears that City are likely to want money for him though , maybe he'll depart early .... probably in next Januarys transfer window .

Quotes-only article:

I've got a year left on my contract at Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more seasons.

I would prefer to return home, but it is very difficult because City won't let me leave for nothing.

I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

Boca's president always says the door is open for me to re-join them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more. I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my family as well.

But I am under contract and have to be here in England.

I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

I suffered psychologically. I did not want anything to do with football.

I am much better now. I am winning people over because I began the new season well.

Didsbury Dave said:
Paul11/12 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think we will ever see the best of Carlos tevez again. I think he peaked as our lone front man for that season or so and his peak fitness and form have gone forever now. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it at the moment

IMO he's better for us now than he was then, he used to chase balls down on his own and become isolated, now he has help. There were a couple of times today when Fulham had the ball, that 3/4 players were pressing and chasing and we soon got it back. Tevez, Clichy, Silva, Zabba and Milner were outstanding today!
He carried us almost single handedly and got 30 goals a season 2-3 years ago. He looks a pale shadow of that player, partly because he suited being the lone frontman better, partly because he's never got his full fitness back and partly because he's playing terribly.

I'm starting to think that his first two years with us will turn out to be the highlight of his career.

20. his best ever return, never scored more. Hardly prolific

black mamba said:

I'd rather sell him and get some decent money in the summer then get a younger replacement rather than him run his contract down and go for fuck all<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 am --<br /><br />
black mamba said:

I'd rather sell him and get some decent money in the summer then get a younger replacement rather than him run his contract down and go for fuck all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.