Should Tevez contract be extended

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are certainly going to need him in January.

His wages in comparison to the transfer value we require, makes no sense to offer him a new deal, however.

He earns £10m a year x contract 2years - £20m

That's the fee we have struggled to recoup and he won't be worth that in two years, even if he tears it up for us.

His wages ensure that. The best scenario for me is Carlos busts his balls for the next two seasons, without gripe, and in return, his gratitude is realised in goals and trophies.

On the caveat, he can only return to Boca.

Didn't you argue that Van Persie would be value for money at 29 with the trophies he would bring etc?...with high wages and the 15m+ fee. So why wouldn't it make sense to sign Tevez on a 3-4 year contract next summer when he is 29?

BlueCityfan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are certainly going to need him in January.

His wages in comparison to the transfer value we require, makes no sense to offer him a new deal, however.

He earns £10m a year x contract 2years - £20m

That's the fee we have struggled to recoup and he won't be worth that in two years, even if he tears it up for us.

His wages ensure that. The best scenario for me is Carlos busts his balls for the next two seasons, without gripe, and in return, his gratitude is realised in goals and trophies.

On the caveat, he can only return to Boca.

Didn't you argue that Van Persie would be value for money at 29 with the trophies he would bring etc?...with high wages and the 15m+ fee. So why wouldn't it make sense to sign Tevez on a 3-4 year contract next summer when he is 29?

Because Van Persie was on £70k a week at Arsenal and is going nowhere after United.

Tevez is already on £198k a week, his next club, wherever it may be, will not get even half way close, and that's without FFPR.

That impacts his sell-on value, like we have seen with all the players we have attempted to move on, Ade, etc.

Tevez can only move down on wages, if he's willing to do so, and why would he, if he can move for free in two years?

City would not expose them to an increase on his current monies, nor should they.

Van Persie earns £250k a week and the transfer fee was £24m. There is a reason he now wears a United shirt.

ell said:
Aguero was signed to play alongside Tevez not replace him

Do you know that for a fact?

Not that it matters now, as we have both and they do play together.

On balance, I'd extend Tevez's contract by a year or two; with no increase in pay or guarantees of parity in pay but with penalty clauses that protect City against him misbehaving e.g. severe fines for any taking of absence without leave.

OB1 said:
ell said:

On balance, I'd extend Tevez's contract by a year or two; with no increase in pay or guarantees of parity in pay but with penalty clauses that protect City against him misbehaving e.g. severe fines for any taking of absence without leave.

so you want to offer tevez the same money but one that threatens him if he misbehaves ? im sure he will rush to sign that??? he will go on a free at the end of his contract,as a player who blew hero status at our club.

sir peace frog said:
OB1 said:
ell said:

so you want to offer tevez the same money but one that threatens him if he misbehaves ? im sure he will rush to sign that??? he will go on a free at the end of his contract,as a player who blew hero status at our club.

If Tevez wants to stay, he'll sign; if he won't sign a contract like that (or a performance based pay contract of the type I believe Soriano favours), he doesn't want to stay. I doubt that City can engineer a situation that will produce a big transfer fee for Tevez and, therefore, I'd look to protect the club against paying him a huge wage for little return.

I can't see City offering him a new contract. I'm not sure he would want one too.

Things are settled now and he acts very professionally but I don't believe there's any real mutual love there. If there was any chance for him to leave on basis that would make everyone happy he would be goner already.

OB1 said:
ell said:

Im almost certain somebody at the club was quoted as to saying it. Was ages ago so cant remember who or when sorry fella

ell said:
Tevez City said:
WimbledonRd said:
Money can buy a lot of things - loyalty is not one of them.
We can get another Tevez with the money we have, what we can't afford is another 6 months without a striker we desperately need.

What he did might be a way back, but whoever thinks that this is an isolated incident is in for a rude awakening.

Not sure about that, Tevez was a surplus because the club already bought his replacement " Aguero" earlier and were ready to sell him.

And the club already gave Mancini +90 Million Pound to invest on strikers (Dzeko 27m, Balotelli 24m & Aguero 38m) thats more than any club in the EPL, and I don't think that Mancini can use Tevez excuse if he failed last season because thats why the club bought Aguero.

Did you forget that City accept offers from Corinthians and PSG ?

Anyone who paid little bit attention to the media last summer was aware that Aguero was bought to replace Carlos without a doubt.

It is a fact that everybody knows it, apart from those who wants to offend Tevez continuously.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
I'm not going to wheel out the speech I usually give each time this type of thread comes up, in short:
Unstable character.
STILL can't speak English.

2 years left, so we should sell him while he is still a capable player and can get a price for him.
HUGE wages for someone who isn't even integral to our team.

In (very basic) theory:
Sell Tevez for ~£30m and pay an extra £10m for Cavani/Falcao. We get a younger, hungrier player who is already at the level Tevez is. No doubt he played a huge role in where we are now, but he shamed us on the world stage.

He just did an interview in english for sky sports

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.