Should Tevez contract be extended

I still think he's playing for a transfer. Looks like he's trying to respect the club and be gracious, but in actual fact he's advertising himself so that a move is definetley on the cards when or before his contract expires.

It doesn't bother me too much though. He's putting in the graft and scoring goals. That's all that matters in my opinion. I'd rather see him work hard to promote himself rather than happily sit on the bench, sulk and run down the time left on his contract.

Yes.

I hated tevez for the whole munich debatcle. I thought i was never going to forgive him.
The fact is he has come back a different man. Hungrier, more willing to play team football.

I look a right hypocrite saying this after what i said when he went awol, but hes a fine fine player, and if nothing else, he is easily worth 30 mil, and we dont want to lose him to a free move.

LongLang said:
Yes.

I hated tevez for the whole munich debatcle. I thought i was never going to forgive him.
The fact is he has come back a different man. Hungrier, more willing to play team football.

I look a right hypocrite saying this after what i said when he went awol, but hes a fine fine player, and if nothing else, he is easily worth 30 mil, and we dont want to lose him to a free move.

No chance he'll be sold for anything close to 30 millions.. he is too old and wants too much in wages for that money.

K-Bo said:
bluemoondays said:
brian the blue said:
If Balotelli or Dzeko actually got the chance to play every week then they'd score just as much goals, if not more, than Tevez.

Balotelli and Dzeko get a rediculously hard time on here considering they appear to be 3rd and 4th striker at the minute, meaning if they start and don't score then they'll be back on the bench for the next few games until they get another start.

Last season we won the title with Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko as our strikers. Why can, all of a sudden, can we no longer rely on them?
Agreed, we won the title with him being on fucling holiday for 70% of last season.
Granted, he's a good player but he definitely isn't irreplacable as we proved last season, especially if we could get some cash for him and use that (plus his wages) to get a replacement. If we could get £20m from someone we should bite their hands off, you just know he is going to run his contract down and walk on a free otherwise for his last payday.

He's put in two transfer requests, publicly slagged off just about everyone at the club and the city itself, run off to South America for 6 months and only came crawling back with his tail between his legs when we stopped paying him. If he was at any other club 99% of people here would be laughing their balls off at his antics and tut, tutting about how disgraceful it is and how that club should bin him, teach him a lesson etc.

He's 29 in February and with his weight problems he's going to find it harder to keep his weight down soon. Finally, he is the highest paid player at the club and is unlikely to accept lower wages so giving a longer contract extension probably just means we'll end up with a Blobby Fowler or Bellamy scenario with a player who is low-mid 30's (who isn't first choice striker) on huge wages that we can't shift who is getting the odd start and 20 minute sub appearances.

That's a no from me if you hadn't guessed :)

Problem with this argument is we don't win the title if Tevez didn't come back, largely due to Dzeko and Balotelli's predominantly woeful form in the 2nd half of last season, we had to turn to him.

Agree Dzeko is world class when he is on his game like he is now and when he was at the beginning of last season. Same with Balotelli, who had that form spell from about November to January. But Tevez is simply incapable of playing as badly as these two do when they're off their game, which according to the evidence we have from both players is not an insubstantial portion of the time.

A player of Tevez's class and consistency (not saying he can't have a bad game every now and again.) and more importantly on the pitch selflessness (Sort of hilarious when you consider his personality of the pitch) over whole season is a rare quantity, and I think both Balo and Dzeko would be incapable of maintaining the season long form that Tevez did in 10/11.

Shouldn't be too quick to devalue a player like Tevez. Regardless of pride etc. But I'd be alright with a trade for Cavani. Rather swap Balotelli for him though

Haha. Ok.

Because other than a hat-trick against Norwich Tevez was quite simply prolific when he returned wasn't he?

The reason we won the title had nothing to do with Tevez being back, it was to do with the pressure being off as we thought we'd blown it so we just went out and played... Oh, and also because United well and truely bottled it.

I get the feeling Mancini would have happily sold him in the summer for 25 million and used the transfer fee/wages to buy RVP. Winning the league will be difficult this year, but think Mancini will do it. It will solidify his power at the club even more. Think Mancini would sell Tevez for 10-15 million at the end of the season if he could. I don't see him seeing out his contract let alone getting an extension if Mancini stays.

MSP said:
LongLang said:
Yes.

No chance he'll be sold for anything close to 30 millions.. he is too old and wants too much in wages for that money.

RVP

FlatlineMonday said:
LongLang said:
it's been said before.... wages.
also, are you predicting tevez to score 30+ this year? i wish i had the same optimism

But neither am i predicting RVP to. Who is a 29 ( carlos is 28), with a far worse injury record. And has only just had his best ever season.
If carlos was not playing in a team of 4 strikers of the quality we have, i imagine he would bag a hell of a lot more. If we had a more consistent starting front line, i think they would be looking at the 25-30 goal mark, as it is, it is circumstance limiting his goals, not ability. Rvp wont have this issue being top boy at arsenal and the new kid at scum, i reckon goals to games ratio would finish fairly even. 30mil is reasonable for a player of his caliber if fatman and robin are valued anything close to that figure.

Edit: forgot wages. How much do you think rvp is raking of them lot? Hes not moved there for the love of the club. 200,000 a week is less than rooney for a better player imo. Plenty of clubs who can afford that and more for a top quality forward like carlos. The only reason he was not signed last time out was because of his tantrum and subsequent pariah status, portraying him as a trouble maker no one wanted to take a risk on. I think he has gone sone way to repairing that tarnished reputation now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.