Should there be international football at this stage of the season?

Shall we play for our country?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 95.0%

• Total voters
The World Cup next year that’s right in the middle of the football season is going to ruin the entire season.

Can’t believe that’s happening.

I was well into these recent Euros. I think I got carried away with fans being back in after being bored to death with glorified training sessions for 18months. But I think next year’s World Cup will be the end of me and international football.

I’m still holding out some hope on news that all Premier League clubs are to ban all players from attending that World Cup and are only going to release EDS players.

Have we always had these shitty fixtures? I can't seem to remember the first half of the season being constantly interrupted like it is now in the 70's- 90's, or is that just my bad memory?

Nope, it's not your bad memory. We absolutely did not have them. There was the very occasional friendly.
And otherwise there was the Euros (different name at the time, can't remember what it was) and the World Cup.
There was a time when there were the Home Internationals (which I actually thought were a bit of fun, even if they were ultimately rather pointless). Gave the jocks the chance to celebrate as if they were Brazil on the rare occasions that they beat England. Same for Wales. Also gave Best the chance to play for Northern Ireland against England and try to humiliate England's (mainly Leeds) defenders.

The World Cup next year that’s right in the middle of the football season is going to ruin the entire season.

Can’t believe that’s happening.

I was well into these recent Euros. I think I got carried away with fans being back in after being bored to death with glorified training sessions for 18months. But I think next year’s World Cup will be the end of me and international football.

I’m still holding out some hope on news that all Premier League clubs are to ban all players from attending that World Cup and are only going to release EDS players.
Ffs, forgot about the not at all corrupt allocation of the world cup to a desert in winter. FIFA make uefa look honest. Hope covid fucks it all up for the greedy corrupt cunts. Of course it won't though, because money...

Ffs, forgot about the not at all corrupt allocation of the world cup to a desert in winter. FIFA make uefa look honest. Hope covid fucks it all up for the greedy corrupt cunts. Of course it won't though, because money...

Ain't that the truth, though?
When it was awarded, I took a personal decision – which I will stand by – not to watch so much as one minute of next year's WC. I think the decision to award it to Qatar was repulsive, and clearly based on corruption. (To be clear: I wouldn't be more interested if it were in Abu Dhabi, frankly).
This will be the first time since 1966, when I first fell in love with footie, that I will not watch a World Cup in its entirety.
I made the same decision for the Beijing Olympics, and I stood by it. I discovered that that was actually logistically quite hard to do, unless you choose to live in a hole in the ice in Antarctica for those two weeks. For the second week, I was working in Paris at the time, and every time I went out to have a coffee or get a meal, the Olympics were on virtually wherever I went. I would either choose the table furthest away from the screen, and looking out into the street, or choose the table immediately under the screen, looking outwards and away from it. I'm a stubborn **** like that.
First week was fine, though: I went hiking in and around the Montagne Sainte Victoire in Provence. Alone, and it was glorious. No telly, no radio, no newspapers, no mobile, just me, the wind, the sky, the odd bird, and that fabulous landscape.

I’m a huge England fan, maybe as much as I’m City. Always have been.

Still, I find many of the international breaks this early so tedious. Need to limit them purely to qualifiers for major tournaments.

These UEFA nation league and friendly games are shit.

Just do away with the qualifiers all together,not being disrespectful to the smaller nations but when the World Cup comes around the majority just want to see the big nations Italy v Argentina Brazil v France and so on it needs doing away with ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.