Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

exileindevon said:
glen quagmire said:
Some of the retorts on here is uncalled for. I asked a question, nothing more nothing less. I am honestly considering staying here for years...
do you actually do any work.just asking

No, he is actually planning his benefits strategy and working out where his next holiday will be ;-)

LittleStan said:
exileindevon said:
glen quagmire said:
Some of the retorts on here is uncalled for. I asked a question, nothing more nothing less. I am honestly considering staying here for years...
do you actually do any work.just asking

No, he is actually planning his benefits strategy and working out where his next holiday will be ;-)
he would make a good politician then

Stood in The South Stand said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

But she's classed as disabled, not fit to work, so by your logic disabled people should be punished rather than be given help by the state.
I'm quite new to bluemoon but the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and far right views by a lot of members knocks me sick and I'm seriously beginning to question what I'm doing here.

Not a case of I'm all right jack.....I agree the state should help those in need, be it from disability or out of work, I don't agree that people should be helped off on holiday. I myself was injured during a conflict and have been restricted in the sort of employment I could take......I have never taken one penny of disability benefits. If I had to take benefits you can be sure I would not be going abroad.

arthur said:
I have a terminal illness and rely on my family to help me have a reasonable lifestyle which fortunately they do willingly , I've worked most of my adult life but am unable to do so now . Yet some of the thick morons here are saying I should not be allowed to leave the country for a little respite in the time I have left . I would never wish illness on another human but if one of you fascist gobshites were to spend one day in my pain ridden shoes then I'm sure your attitudes might change . To many of you spend far too much time with your heads up your backsides to actually see what is going on in the real world .

Great post, Arthur.

The cretins on here can't see past the headlines in the tabloids and have absolutely zero life experience when it comes to matters such as this.

To a lot of people on here, if you're unemployed, seriously ill or physically/mentally disabled then you're nothing but a scrounger and a thief who should be punished in the severest of manners.

Humanity is something a hell of a lot of people appear to lack.

Peace and Love

Couldn't they all go on the same buses. It would keep the costs down and they'd all have some company. Just a thought like.

arthur said:
I have a terminal illness and rely on my family to help me have a reasonable lifestyle which fortunately they do willingly , I've worked most of my adult life but am unable to do so now . Yet some of the thick morons here are saying I should not be allowed to leave the country for a little respite in the time I have left . I would never wish illness on another human but if one of you fascist gobshites were to spend one day in my pain ridden shoes then I'm sure your attitudes might change . To many of you spend far too much time with your heads up your backsides to actually see what is going on in the real world .

I think that answers the OP's question.

I said to my mate Jack the other night that "i am quite alright at the moment"
So really i dont care about anyone else

I think most people entering into the debate are being too simplistic on either side to be honest.

If people are in receipt of benefits, they should be able to spend that money as they wish. Why is going on holiday with it any worse than spending it on drink, non "value" brand food or investing it? It's their money and good luck to them.

They (benefits) are there to help those that need it most until such time they can help themselves. Do some people play the system? Unfortunately yes, but one shouldn't tar everyone receiving benefits based on the minority that are scum. Benefits should not come with a stigma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.