Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

LittleStan said:
glen quagmire said:
Please don't turn it into a hate thread. For the record, i believe it has fuck all to do with anyone, where anyone goes. It was the reaction of one of my lads at work. As i am getting him to drop the mrs friend off at john lennon. He is normally a laid back fella, but went into a bit of a rant, along the lines of 'how can someone who's never worked and live on handouts from the state, afford to go abroad'? (he can't this year due to making home improvements instead)

Too late. These threads always turn from a discussion about those who can't work to those who won't work.

the 'won't works' need to be stopped.

The 'can't works' should not be punished for something outside their control.

But unfortunately some dick heads can't see the difference, your OP implies that this person won't work but does not provide any other evidence, hence it gets peoples back up.

Yes stan i see your point. The inverted comma's on the word chronic, was due to the bird in question going to zumba twice a week, pole dancing classes and is found bladdered in town three fridays from four......

People usually need to tell the DSS or whatever they are called that they are going on holiday and therefore not actively seeking work. Their money is then adjusted as fits.

I see no problem with this.

Lots of Love,

A Student.

Think the main thing is,does your friend go on holidays constantly,or is it a one off ?
If she and her family had booked for a holiday in the UK,would that not have bothered you so much.If the answer to that question is NO,then I think you need to do some homework on the costings.
It is just as cheap to go to Spain as an all inclusive as it is staying in a caravan and having to feed a family !!
If she has a disability,then there is nothing better than the constant sun on your body to help rid (albeit a short time span) of aches and pains.
Cut her some slack.

LittleStan said:
Kun Aguero said:
No, if you don't work you should get no money, I'm not going to work my ass off for a wanker of a manager whilst Vicky Pollard's can watch Jeremy Kyle with a roll up and a 2 litre of strongbow.

Again some nob brings in the work shy argument into the wrong thread.

Just for your interest mr-I-work-harder-than-everybody-else hero. People who are out of work do not get benefits if they leave the country, even if that is for an interview.and yes, I do have personal experience of being stopped benefits for an out of country interview.

That was my only question, is job seeker allowance (or whatever it is called) get stopped whilst out of country...as it seems this is the case I have no problem with those on benefits enjoying a foreign holiday as a principle.

We are seldom aware of how long people on benefits have scrimped and saved (or perhaps have come into a little money) to afford these so called "luxuries", so long as the claimant isn't defrauding the system they are free to manage their money as they see fit.

BimboBob said:
People usually need to tell the DSS or whatever they are called that they are going on holiday and therefore not actively seeking work. Their money is then adjusted as fits.

Lots of Love,

A Student.
any person showing signs of wanting to become a student at a ridiculously advanced age should be publicly flogged and have their subscription to skyplus stopped.

Oakie like i said before, i ain't arsed either way. I have arranged a 'free' lift for the girl and her brood in one of my works vehicles! So i suppose i'm in the wrong now!
It was the reaction of her 'lift' that i arranged that surprised me. Btw she goes away twice a year.

exileindevon said:
BimboBob said:

Lots of Love,

A Student.
any person showing signs of wanting to become a student at a ridiculously advanced age should be publicly flogged and have their subscription to skyplus stopped.

Tea and Homes Under the Hammer. Nowt better...

BimboBob said:
exileindevon said:
BimboBob said:

Lots of Love,

A Student.

Tea and Homes Under the Hammer. Nowt better...
slacker

glen quagmire said:
Oakie like i said before, i ain't arsed either way. I have arranged a 'free' lift for the girl and her brood in one of my works vehicles! So i suppose i'm in the wrong now!
It was the reaction of her 'lift' that i arranged that surprised me. Btw she goes away twice a year.

That'd be great if you were in charge of those road sweepers that have a maximum speed of 5mph and your lad turned up in one of those fourteen hours before the flight was due to depart.

glen quagmire said:

I suppose the only question I need to ask now is - would you give her one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.