Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

mcfc2607 said:
so my dad has worked all his live, 12 hours shifts for 20 years but a few years ago he injured his back really badly and is now disabled he cant even get his own socks on etc...
which is very embarrasing for him. So he cant work which he hates btw so he is on benefits.my mum had to quit a very good job with very good pay so she could be his carer your telling me my dad and mum are not aloud to go abroad?

Does he use a wheelchair?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
The cookie monster said:
If you lose your job tomorrow and cant get another one what will you do?
I was under the impression that the benefit system was created to keep a roof over your head and kept you and your family fed and watered until you get back on your feet. I'm pretty sure it's not for holidays to majorca,scratchcards,sky tv and plasma tv's. If I lost my job tomorrow, I'd do all I could to go out and get another, not book a holiday.

What if she booked the holiday when she had a job working for a holiday company and then got made redundant when the holiday company she worked for went bust,but was covered by ABTA?
Would you not take a holiday you had already paid for?
Jesus!!! There's a lot of "if's & ands" in there. Can't you just accept the fact that a lot of people in this country are working the system and have chosen unemployment/sick as their lifestyle? Of course there are plenty of deserving cases out there and it's wrong to label somebody who is between jobs as a parasite. The system needs a complete overhauling. A neighbour of mine, who was long-term unemployed, told me he'd love to have a job but there's nothing out there. I told him we were taking on more staff for the warehouse and he would clear just short of £300 for a 40 hour week. After a bit of thought, he said "I've just worked out that if I take that job, I'll be working for about £40 a week once my benefits stop." I told him there's usually overtime available, so he could clear 400-450 if he wanted to. He thought for another short while then just said "Nah, fuck that, I'd have no life".

glen quagmire said:
mcfc2607 said:
so my dad has worked all his live, 12 hours shifts for 20 years but a few years ago he injured his back really badly and is now disabled he cant even get his own socks on etc...
which is very embarrasing for him. So he cant work which he hates btw so he is on benefits.my mum had to quit a very good job with very good pay so she could be his carer your telling me my dad and mum are not aloud to go abroad?

no has a walking stick. but has one of those stair lifts

I was under the impression that the benefit system was created to keep a roof over your head and kept you and your family fed and watered until you get back on your feet. I'm pretty sure it's not for holidays to majorca,scratchcards,sky tv and plasma tv's. If I lost my job tomorrow, I'd do all I could to go out and get another, not book a holiday.

What if she booked the holiday when she had a job working for a holiday company and then got made redundant when the holiday company she worked for went bust,but was covered by ABTA?
Would you not take a holiday you had already paid for?
Jesus!!! There's a lot of "if's & ands" in there. Can't you just accept the fact that a lot of people in this country are working the system and have chosen unemployment/sick as their lifestyle? Of course there are plenty of deserving cases out there and it's wrong to label somebody who is between jobs as a parasite. The system needs a complete overhauling. A neighbour of mine, who was long-term unemployed, told me he'd love to have a job but there's nothing out there. I told him we were taking on more staff for the warehouse and he would clear just short of £300 for a 40 hour week. After a bit of thought, he said "I've just worked out that if I take that job, I'll be working for about £40 a week once my benefits stop." I told him there's usually overtime available, so he could clear 400-450 if he wanted to. He thought for another short while then just said "Nah, fuck that, I'd have no life".
where do you work

stonerblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

So my wife, who has taken redundancy after working all her adult life and will soon be claiming disability benefits, should not be 'allowed' to leave the country?

If she didn't receive these payments would she still be able to go abroad?

kinkysleftfoot said:
stonerblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

So my wife, who has taken redundancy after working all her adult life and will soon be claiming disability benefits, should not be 'allowed' to leave the country?

If she didn't receive these payments would she still be able to go abroad?
Whats that got to do with anything.

Do you begrudge disabled people going abroad even if its payed out of their benefits?

mcfc2607 said:
glen quagmire said:
mcfc2607 said:

So getting on and off a plane could be achieved then. Although insurance would probably be shite though. Hope he throws his stick in the air when we do the league mate.

You mean the disabled are allowed abroad?
Christ,they'll be letting the ginge's out next...

Not while I have breath left mate...BB2 has already been taken out and I'll do more of them, I swear.

glen quagmire said:
mcfc2607 said:
glen quagmire said:

So getting on and off a plane could be achieved then. Although insurance would probably be shite though. Hope he throws his stick in the air when we do the league mate.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.