Should we be able to choose our moderators?

nijinsky's fetlocks

The devil came and took me from bar to street to b
Given the recent furore over deleted/edited/amended/locked threads and suggestions regarding a lack of consistency in the way moderators act,is there an argument that forumites should be allowed input into just who regulates the forum?
Personally,I think that giving all posters the chance to pass opinion on the performance of moderators,say annually,would be a healthy thing,as currently mods are foisted upon us from on high without consultation,and are pretty much there forever,regardless of complaints over how they do the job,and there is little accountability.
Maybe this democracy idea is too radical a suggestion and would never catch on,or maybe it's worth a try.
By all means feel free to post your thoughts either way.

No. People just need to grow up and take it on the chin if a MOD intervenes. If we choose our own MODs it would turn into a love in between certain posters, and witch hunts would ensue. Leave it be, there's nothing that wrong with the forum. If you're pissed off, just log off and come back later, or get off a particular thread - I've done that myself a few times.

Yes. There is one mod at the minute that is pissing me right off. It's like being at school with him around. "Don't do this, don't do that, post here, not there" blah blah blah. It's an internet forum FFS let people voice their opinions!

How can something that isn't owned by us be a democracy?
This isn't our forum, we are invited onto it by the server when we request access... Rather than the server just blocking us.

I personally think there should be a pre & post match chat box at the top for everyone to just offload their anger at said player or said performance.... People say something after a game and other member's bring this back up like 4months later, causing more shit.
This free's up alot of hassle for mods as there's no need to physically delete any threads, only ban a member if he/she say's something completely out of order on this chatbox.

Only the more popular characters on here would elect themselves to be mods, and would be chosen to moderate this place... any new member who may of been a moderater on a previous forum for the past ten years would be completely overlooked.

So no, Mods shouldn't be elected by us.

Erm, i think its fair to say that that privilege should lie with the man who pays to run this site.

No, it's Ric's forum which we are invited to join. It would just turn into a favouritism fight with people voting for their friends. I don't have any problems with the mods, perhaps that's because I don't insist on posting things just to wind other people up;-)

If people don't like the way the forum is run they don't have to stay.

No.

Posters need to man up, grow some balls and stop moaning about everything the mods do.

The answer to 'why was my thread removed' is usually 'Because it was fucking shit'.

I've had plenty of warnings but never been banned, the reason being that I know where the line is and how not to cross it.

The notion that the mods have some secret agenda or should be answerable to us is laughable. This is Ric's forum, he makes the rules, if we don't like them we can always walk away. That's what makes Ric different from Hitler: you can always leave if you don't like it.

After EVERY game a thread is put up by a mod in which people can discuss THE MATCH and they politely ask that ALL posts pertaining to the match can go in this thread. The rest of the night is then spent with people feeling their own take is more unique and interesting than everyone else's so they start their own threads about the match which is then merged. They then start a new thread to ask where their other thread has gone. I'm never sure whether it's mental deficiency or attention seeking but either way it must be pretty annoying for the mods when people fail to follow incredibly basic instructions.

People should count themselves lucky that I'm not a mod because I wouldn't fuck around, I'd ban any **** who I thought was a cock and/or posting for reasons I felt were sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.